Stray Orange Wire Off Firewall Above Starter - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 04, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

Send a message via Yahoo to maddogskip
Some of the wires from the harness go to the cylonoid but the orange wire was tucked behind the motor and I missed it until now. It has been sverely scorched by the exhaust. Any ideas where it should go?

Oh yeah, this is inside the engine compartment. I'd link a picture but I am having a hard time figureing out how to get my Yahoo Photos's to link to this site using the Image button.

Thank in advance...

Thanks

Tom
San Diego, CA
67 Camaro RS Clone
Blue w/white Z28 stripes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 04, 06:33 PM
Guess

Skip,it may be the blower motor power. An orange wire runs all the way along the top of the firewall from the harness coming up from the fuse block interconnect, over to the motor under the passenger fender. I think there should be a round rubber cover over the terminal also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 04, 04:14 AM

The blower motor wire is an orange wire, either 18 or 20 gauge that terminates at the fuse block. The connector on the blower end should be a round rubber cover over a single female blade connector. That is of course if some knuckle head didn't cut it off.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 04, 04:26 AM
Senior Tech

It's not used on an A/C car.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 04, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

That rubber cover is probably the blob of goupe that was welded to the exhaust on the end of the wire.

Thanks

Tom
San Diego, CA
67 Camaro RS Clone
Blue w/white Z28 stripes

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 04, 06:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Joe

Skip,

I think I know the wire you might be talking about if it's not the blower motor wire. While re-taping my harness behind the motor a found an orange wire not being used with a plastic clip at the end of it. It is a heavier gauge than the blower motor wire. My friend and I looked at it for a little while scratching our heads and determined that it might be for an electric choke or maybe a hood light? I taped mine up in the harness and left it alone.

Joe

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 04, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

Hmmm, I'll have to check them both out. If my heater blower is connected (Heh,I really don't know as I live in San Diego and don't use the heat) then I'll assume it is for a light. Maybe I'll play with it a bit more and get a bulb hooked to it if that is what it is for. It would be nice to have an engine compartment light.

Thanks

Tom
San Diego, CA
67 Camaro RS Clone
Blue w/white Z28 stripes

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 04, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

Oops, Please delete this post.

Thanks

Tom
San Diego, CA
67 Camaro RS Clone
Blue w/white Z28 stripes

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 04, 06:13 AM
Guess

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode