Turn signals - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 03, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

I hopped in the car today and noticed that my turn signal indicators on each side of the steering wheel were staying on when I pressed the gas. So I went to check my actual turn signal lights and none of them work. The turn signal indicator doesn't even work when I hit the signal lever. Any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 03, 08:11 AM
Senior Tech

Normally if the signal lights on the dash stay on steady (don't blink) indicates that there is a problem with the outside lamps. I'd check those first if the are not coming on.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 03, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

i thought the same thing, but one blown bulb make all the signal lights stop working at the same time. would it? i took it to the garage today, they said that they did all the basic checks, lights, flasher, grounds etc... but they all seemed fine, so they're trying to get some wiring schematics in. they think it's a wiring problem now.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 03, 12:23 PM
Senior Tech

If none of the lights work, including the ones in the dash, look for a blown fuse or a bad flasher can.
A good garage should have been able to tell if there is voltage to the outside bulbs. If no voltage there, check the voltage on both sides of the flasher can. It should have voltage on both sides of the can with the key on. The output of the flasher can heads into the steering column connector. The two wires to the rear lights come out the steering column connector as green and yellow.
GM has used this set-up on millions of cars for years. Surprised they need a schematic. Should have been able to isolate it in under a half hour.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 03, 01:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dennis

My 69 did the same thing. It ended up being the ground under the dash by the light switch. The wire had come loose. It provides the ground for the turn signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode