main wiring harness on a Z11 - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 03, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
Well I'm almost done with my frame off restoration on the Z11. The car came back from the paintshop and it's time to install all the interior and wiring back.

The main wiring harness had sometime in the past a short circuit, which burned some cables...

I bought at Ricks all the wiring harnesses they had, except the main one which was out of stock.

My question now is: My car didn't have the center console originally, On ebay I bought one and rebuilt it completely, all four gauges look like new now. I also bought an OEM tach which I'll be installing soon.

Back to my question, since I didn't have this options originally, I bought the adaptor harness for the console (for a car without gauges).

If I can't resque the old main harness, which one should I buy? The one with gauges or the one without gauges?

Thanks

Dan

1969 Camaro Z11 <br />396 ci,4 speed MT, M21<br />Xchange Number: 403
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 03, 04:16 AM

If it were me I would try to find the complete DASH HARNESS from someone else. Make sure that you order the one with gauges and console connection as well. You could always send the adapter type console harness back to Rick's and get a credit of some sort. That way the install will be textbook and with GM style connectors. Just match up the colors and you're off. That's just my opinion since I am not an electrician of any sort.

D&R- #WR13220 @ $375 (4spd, with gauges)
Classic Ind- #CA97663 @ $469.95 (4spd, with gauges)

Or you can try FactoryFit and they should have one or two in stock and if not they will custom make a harness for you. Good luck and and let me know when you a hand assembling the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode