OER tic toc tach install - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 03, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Ok, I have searched the old posts a bunch of times but still cannot find an answer. I just bought an OER tic toch tach for my 68 and I am going to install it in place of my fuel gauge. I know I will need to get console gauges or another fuel gauge, but that is later. Right now I need to install the tach. I did not buy a circuit board for it because I have an HEI and the place I bought it from said I did not need to get a circuit board. So, on the back of the tach there are I think four posts. One red (12 volts i think), one black (ground?), one orange, and one blue. One has to go to the HEI and the other will go to the lights. Where is the best place to the make the conncetion for the light. Will the blinker light and dash light still operate off of the circuit board? I haven't taken the cluster out yet and the tach is still in the box.
Thank you

1968 RS Cortez Silver w/black stripes.ZZZ crate engine, Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap, Holley 650 Double Pumper. M21 4-speed, houndstooth interior, and 12 bolt 3.73 posi.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-- Ernest Miller Hemingway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 03, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Please, any help is aprreciated. I just need to know if I can use muy existing circuit board and how to wire it. I have searched everywhere for OER 1968 tic toc tach installation.
Thank you

1968 RS Cortez Silver w/black stripes.ZZZ crate engine, Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap, Holley 650 Double Pumper. M21 4-speed, houndstooth interior, and 12 bolt 3.73 posi.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-- Ernest Miller Hemingway
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 03, 03:54 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

If you're looking just for a place to connect the wire that goes to the lights, then the fuse box has provisions for that, in a way of a male spade terminal coming out of it and marked LPS (lamps).
**But related to mounting the tach without the appropriate printed circuit, be carefull cause they are different. In the photo bellow appears the printed circuit for tach. If you look at it, you'll see a hole where the tach goes. In the non tach one, there are four holes with connections going to certain places in the car's electrical system. I'm not saying that it can't be retrofitted with that non tach crkt, but make sure you isolate the tach connections from the existing ones to avoid any short.
Quote:
I did not buy a circuit board for it because I have an HEI and the place I bought it from said I did not need to get a circuit board.
The way your supplier told you, It should be like installing any other aftermarket tach, so IMO you need to keep it appart from the rest of the circuits of the dash and don't forget to install an inline fuse.

"Our affair with Camaros is a life sentence without the possibility of parole".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode