Need help-sensor/temp problem - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 04, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Question

Hi, I have a 95 Camaro. After about 15 minutes of driving it the "Check Gauges" light comes on and the temperature gauge immediately shoots up to the highest level. However my car does NOT overheat. The only thing that happens is that I completely lose all power and my car just dies. I don't think it's the battery b/c when you try to turn it back on it will but then it just shuts right off. I also just recently had the alternator replaced. When I hooked the computer up to my car it told me that nothing is wrong. I assumed it was maybe a sensor so I tried replacing the engine coolant temperature sensor but still am having the same problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 04, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
A couple of ideas come to mind, sticking closed thermostat, radiator fan temperature switch faulty, or fan relay bad.

Try turning on DEF or A/C to see if fan does come on. If not, then faulty relay or command going to relay to energize. Maybe even the fan power fuse/fusible link broken.

Welcome to the Club! Lots of good talent here.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode