Team Camaro Tech banner

Help!!! '67 RS headlights

787 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  1967 Panther 
#1 ·
I'm hoping one of you guys can solve a problem for me. I had my headlights working great till I took it to the paint shop. They took them all apart and now when you turn on the lights, the passenger side works fine but the drivers side doesn't open, even though the lamp comes on. If you push the button on the radiator support limit switch (the one that's supposed to shut off the motor after it fully opens) it opens. If allowed to it would just keep running and burn up the motor. Is this just a ground problem or something deeper? Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 ·
Got a buddy of mine that is working on a complete kit to get rid of the cumbersome factory system for the RS Doors. He is using my car as a guinea pig and should have it finished in two weeks. If it works we are going to sell it as a complete kit. Dont know the price on it yet, but should make the RS doors be a joy to have. Lets put it where it is, they look great, but alot of people are tired of crossing their fingers everytime they go out at night. If you want to be put on a list for when it comes out, email me at markor1@comcast.net and Ill put you on it.

Thanks
Mark
TOOFUN ;)

#4 ·
It sounds like the limit switches aren't wired correctly. I had a similar problem with my '67 and found that the wires were reversed on one of the switches. I emailed you the wiring diagram for the headlight doors (I tried, but it got returned, let me know your correct address)

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.