Connecting remote starter - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 00, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Denis

Question

Dumb question: How to hook up a remote starter so that I can crank over the engine without a helper? I haven't used this thing in like 20 years. Device is pretty simple -- two alligator clips and a switch. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 00, 05:01 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

One clip hooks to the battery terminal on the solenoid. The other hooks to the "start" terminal, the small one closest to the block.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 00, 09:29 PM
David Pozzi

Be warned, the 67 for shure and the 68 I think, grounds the ignition circut when the key is off. This is an attempt at anti theft from hot wiring the car to the coil +.

If you crank a bunch the starter puts out 12v to the coil for starting, bypassing the resistance wire in the ign harness. You could possibly burn out the resistance wire by adding an added starter button.
You should either disconnect the coil + leads, or turn on the ign switch and pull the coil wire when cranking with the add on starter button.
Purple is starter button, yellow is 12v to coil- ballast resistor bypass. You can pierce into the purple wire near the windshield wiper motor. If you have an alligator clip with a piercing pin in it. The other lead goes to 12V+ the horn relay or alternator is a good place.
David

------------------
The older I get, the faster I was!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode