Help! Need Connector Pin! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 03, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dano

I am in the middle of an HEI upgrade...I had originally hooked up the old coil wire to the "BAT" side of the cap...I got some 10 GA wire and started to make up a new "non-resistor" lead for the hei, long story short, I broke the pin that holds the wire in the wire harness plug (at the firewall)
If anyone has a few spares, I would really appreciate it, OR if there's a different way to hook up the new wire without hot solder splashing me on my #%$& hand , that would be equally appreciated!!! Just drop me an email or leave a reply...

Thanks-Dan

If you can't see the bright side of life, try polishing the dull side...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 03, 05:12 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Dan - I'm trying to visualize this. Did you break the male contact within the big connector on the firewall? The one you plug the female harness connector into? If so maybe you could splice into the wire that feed the connector terminal you broke on the other side of the fire wall bypassing the connector completely.

Since you are looking for a switched 12v source, I think you can use almost any switched 12v source. Use caution in selecting it though so you don't overload it.

Mike Fuedo (oger) suggested (in another thread) using a rely with 12v supplied directly from the battery and using a 12v switched (on with the key) source to operate the rely. I think you would have a lot more options this way.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 03, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dano

Sounds good Dennis! I think I have found my "weak link" in working on this automobile! I have hated electrical work since I was a kid and grabbed onto my older brothers coil wire! Anyway, I broke the "pin" that slides into the connector at the firewall (inside of the harness plug) There is a tab you have to bend to get the turkey to slide back out (with the wire attached) and I must have reefed on it too much...I will look into an alternate method as suggested above...

Thanks-Dan

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 03, 03:25 PM
Retired
Jim

Dan, I ruined a pin in my console wire connector. After searching a few weeks, I just bypassed the whole connector with the weatherproof connectors that come apart but are covered in tight plastic when in use. It just lays across the old plug and works fine.
Aint it fun?
[img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 03, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dano

Great news! Car Quest ordered some of the pins for me...I picked them up today, soldered the connectors onto the 10Ga wire, hokked everything up, and then re-taped my harness. I went to fire it up and BLAST_OFF! Houston, we have ignition!
SIDE NOTE: yesterday, I went to a local tire dealer...I bought 4 p235-60-14's. After ~ 1/2 hour, the guy comes out and says " uhhhh we got a problem" I said what's that? he says that the computer shows 4 tires in stock...guess what? They only had 3!!!! So, After I got the thing runnin' today, I hopped down and got my fourth tire put on
(raised white letters out of course )
So now all is well in Dan-ville [img]smile.gif[/img] Man, going from "pizza cutters" to "man-tires" makes me feel like eating a ricer or something...

Thanks for everyones help!

Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode