67 CAMARO TACK - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 00, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

I HAVE A 67 CAMARO THAT DID NOT HAVE A INDASH
TACK, I INSTALLED ONE AND CHANGED THE IGNITION TO ELECTRONIC, NOW I FIND THE TACK DOES NOT GIVE ACCURATE READING, MY QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING INBETWEEN INDASH TACK AND DISTRIBUTOR TO CALM DOWN THE NEEDLE?? THE NEEDLE FLUXUATES WAY TO MUCH. OR IS THE TACK HOOPED??????
THANXS
RON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 00, 03:57 PM

Hi "railer3:"

I can't help you with the problem but I would like to know if you got it resolved.

I am an original owner of a 67 RS and didn't even know it took a tach from the factory until recently. But I would like to install on since I am now in the rebuilding stage. Can you help?

Where did you mount the tach? Where did you buy it from? Did you get installation instructions? Did you wire it into the fuse box or how did you get power (unless it was solely mechanical)? Do you think your electronic ignition created your problem?

Anything you could send my way would be helpful in getting me started to add this to my rebuilt. Thanks!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 00, 05:34 PM
David Pozzi

what kind of electronic ign? Who is the Manufacturer?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 00, 05:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

A couple of years ago, I put an aftermarket tach on my Blazer. The tach came with an adjustable capacitor. The instructions said if the tach was jumpy, wire the capacitor between the tach signal wire and ground, and adjust it until the needle smoothed out. The tach was jumpy, I put the cap in and adjusted it, works perfect now. You can get one at radio shack, get a 1000 mfd adjustable capacitor (it's very little.)These thing are meant to mount on a pc board, so put it in a safe place, adjust it, and then tape it up so it can't short out.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 00, 01:52 AM

I just got through wiring my tach in a 69 that had none. The wires going to the gas guage can be used to wire the tach, as long as you are going to use a console gas guage. The signal wire from the distributor has to be routed sepratly, but the black and pink to the gas guage can be used for power. Will try to get back with the order of the wires later.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 00, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davidpozzi:
what kind of electronic ign? Who is the Manufacturer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode