Turn Signal/Backlight issues - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By damndirtybadger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 7th, 17, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Christopher

Turn Signal/Backlight issues

Hey all,
i just rewired my entire 69 SS from front to back with American Autowire's kit and almost everything went perfectly.

biggest issues are turn signals and speedo/gas light.

Turn Signals: when I activate left OR right signal, proper indicator dash lights blink but both rear lights blink and both front indicators blink. Basically, they are acting like hazards, checked my grounds, checked my bulbs, not sure where else to turn. Anyone have any ideas?

Speedo/Gas Light: I turn on my headlights or running lights and the backlights don't illuminate. I did change them to LEDs, I don't think they would mess with the circuit as it's not dependant on impedance.

These two things are the only things keeping me from re-assembling my interior and being ready for the streets.

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 7th, 17, 08:43 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Turn Signal/Backlight issues

When the turn signals are on and you hit the brake do they stop flashing?
The LEDS should not change the instrumentation but did you check to see that the dimmer switch is not turned all the way off. turn clockwise before the final click that turns on the domelights is full instrumentation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 06:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Recheck those grounds starting with the front parking lights. I'll assume that the lights are dim as they flash.

Jeff

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Probationer
Christopher

69-Pace - I have not tried hitting the brakes while the flashers are going. and I did rotate the dimmer knob, to no avail.

Yellow - The lights are actually bright when they are blinking. I found a ground that was tucked away and hiding (didn't have the right screw size for it) and attached it as necessary and now the front acts slightly differently. When left turn is on, both still blink, but right is much more dim.

honestly, with all the things that COULD have gone wrong with this re-wire (first project car), I'm happy it's just a few lights.

thanks for the help fellas
yellow69RS likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 9th, 17, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
When the turn signals are on and you hit the brake do they stop flashing?
The LEDS should not change the instrumentation but did you check to see that the dimmer switch is not turned all the way off. turn clockwise before the final click that turns on the domelights is full instrumentation.
Yes, they stop blinking when I turn on the lights or apply brakes. And I'm still at a loss for my dash backlights. Do my floor shifter lights need to be working in? I wouldn't think that they're on series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode