RE:blowing fuse!!please help!!!!no more team camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old May 27th, 03, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Look i thought this was suppose to be a helpful site. the last three times i tried to get help from you guys noone has responded to any of my topics!!!I found this sight about 1 1/2 years ago and every time i read all of these articles i thought man this sight really helps people that need help!!Not anymore!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old May 27th, 03, 05:06 PM
Senior Tech

I'm not sure what posts you are referring to. I often monitor the electrical forum and have resonded to several topics related to blowing fuses. Have you tried searching the archives?

I see you've posted three topics in this forum. The first one was on the 20th of may at https://www.camaros.net/forum/ultimat...=002255#000000

Several people gave you suggestions but you never replied. It appears you're asking the same question over again. You also have to consider the fact that we can only diagnose things based on your description. No feedback - we presume you figured it out and didn't bother to tell us.

A short in your dash lights can be caused by any number of things. No one can tell you what the problem is unless you dig into it yourself and give us something to go on.

Sorry your disastisfied, but this ain't General Motors. Its a club of folks with similar interests who help each other when we can. I saw your post on the 26th and had nothing to offer you. I guess there isn't anyone here with the same car as you with the same problem as you - certainly not me. Search the archives, gain some basic troubleshooting techniques, do some homework and let us know the result. You're much more likely to get valuable feedback. I can't predict where the short is in your electrical system anymore than I can tell someone where the leak is in their transmission when they haven't even crawled under the vehicle to look for themselves (true story about the leak). [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

-dnult

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old May 27th, 03, 05:37 PM
RSS
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Well said Dnult,

Its hard to answer questions without a crystal ball. I've had nothing but good luck here and you guys have been fantastic. thanx for all the help.
Rick

It takes a fool or an idiot to first criticize! It takes a wise and intelligent man to first ask why!

1969 coupe under going restification (Almost Done!)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old May 27th, 03, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

hey guys you are really a great bunch of people and i didn't mean to ruffle any feathers!! I am under alot of stress,I just found out i have some kind of growth in my head and i go next week and find out what it is! Please accept my apology!!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old May 28th, 03, 03:57 AM
Retired
Jim

BigTex, good luck with the medical stuff there and please let us know how you are doing.
This place is more valueable than any of us could have imagined. I push papers for a living but with the help of all the folks in here, Ive dug into stuff on my camaro that I never have tackled before.
The best first method of trouble shooting is doing a 'search' in the right section. There might be 100 threads to read thru, but if each one doesnt have your exact problem, you will at least learn about other problems that might come up in the future and you will then have the info. already in your head. I call it 'osmosis' you learn to solve the problems by reading how others solved theirs.
Good luck down south there.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old May 28th, 03, 07:17 AM
Senior Tech

Guys are right about having a 2-way dialog. Everyone has some thoughts but a little response helps. Seen these things go to at least 3 pages. Also a lot of people here, including myself, is not familiar with the 85. I'm assuming that it's the tail light fuse that's blowing but you can help by confirming that. In the mid-80s Buicks and Olds, the headlight switch is a rocker switch with the dimmer switch on the side. Is that the type you have or do you have the older pull-on type?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old May 28th, 03, 12:27 PM
Senior Tech

Sorry big texas. It does matter to me and others that folks actually find help here. Also, we can pose all kinds of dooms-day scenerios for various problems, but like to hear about the simple fixes. I think electrical things are so mysterious because you can't see those electrons flowing and the wiring harness looks like a jumbled mess. A schematic and some way of indicating voltage are a must (test lamp or volt meter). Thanksfully, GM was pretty good about color coding their wires. Even though you might not be able to trace a circuit end to end, you can decipher what is going on by looking at the wire markings.

Try sticking a test lamp in your fuse socket to see what is drawing current. Then start flipping switches, disconnecting connectors and moving wires around until you isolate the short. The lamp sould dim or go out when the short circuit is removed. Look for wires that got hot and melted the insulation on adjacent wires in the harness. Look for heat bubbles on the harness tape and peel any suspicios spots open for a better look. Just start simple (like checking the switch) and move on to more difficult tests like unplugging stuff and untaping harnesses.

-dnult

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 28th, 03, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

It is the pull out kind and I bought a headlight switch this evening and will put it on in the morning. Will let ya'll know how it went!! THANKS!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 28th, 03, 10:13 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by big texas:
hey guys you are really a great bunch of people and i didn't mean to ruffle any feathers!! I am under alot of stress,I just found out i have some kind of growth in my head and i go next week and find out what it is! Please accept my apology!!!!
Nope!!! No can do You have offended the Great Camaro Spirits. Therefore we have to build a temple and sacrifice you to them now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

When you buy an American car, you provide work for a man and his family for three months. -Jay Leno
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 31st, 03, 01:02 PM
Tech Team

YES A TEMPLE, I THINK THATS A GREAT IDEA. HAHA
MAYBE HE IS A FORD GUY IN DISGUSE !!!
I HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE THE SWITCH HAS A MELT DOWN THING GOING ON AFTER ITS BEEN ON TOO LONG. THEN AGIAN I HAVE SEEN THE HEAD LIGHT CONNECTOR GET SO NASTY THAT THE GROUND WIRE STARTS TO BREAK AWAY AND THE CURRENT COMES AND GOES. WITH IT BEING LIKE THAT THE VOLTAGE IS INCONSISTANT, YOU HAVE SPIKES. SPIKES ARE BAD. FORDS ARE BAD TOO.
VINNY
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old May 31st, 03, 01:07 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Lightbulb

Growth in your head? Lemme know if you need any medical terminology translated into lamen's terms. You guys help me with my Camaro ?'s, and I'll help you with the medical stuff hehe.

Gary

1967 RS Coupe (clone): 406 SBC, Thorley headers, Muncie, Hotchkis suspension, Centerline Matrix 17" wheels with Nitto 555's, Baer brakes, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, RS conversion, Vintage Air, PPG Hot Red. (SOLD)

1968 RS Coupe: Project...Mini-tubbed, Cammed LS 6.0, T56, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, Ridetech 4 link...slowly adding more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode