67 rs front left turn signal won't work - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 04, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Okay, this one seems to have been done to death, but I've tried about everything I can think of. Here's the deal...

Every light in the car works fine, dome lights, glove box, dash, console, all front and rear, except the left front turn signal. It doesn't come on or flash when the signal or hazard is on.

The dash light flashes normally, and the rear lights work fine. Right side is perfect.

I started with the ground, seems okay. Replaced the socket assembly and checked the bulb and all fuses. Checked the turn signal switch...it's okay. Checked the connections at the firewall, and under the dash...seem okay... Replaced the dash harness...for other reasons, but had my fingers crossed.

Obviously I have to be missing something or it would work. Probably something simple...

1967 Mountain Green RS/SS 396/325HP TH400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1967 Barn Fresh 327 PG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 C10
2006 Lemans Blue Corvette Z51 6Spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 04, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Cool

I would first run a length of test wire from the socket ground to the battery negative post, just to make sure it has a good return path. I'm sure you have the correct bulb in place.

Next, I would turn on the hazard flasher and push in on the wires to the socket, just to make sure they are contacting the bulb. If no light, then remove the bulb and measure to ground the supplied voltage from the flasher.

If you have 12 volts, then follow the wire back to its next connection and check the crimp of the terminal to the wire. If there are some strands broken, replace the terminal and re-crimp. Keep following this pattern until the faulty crimp/broken wires/strands are found.

The meter is of a high resistance to show voltage, but, the light bulb filament is of low resistance to draw more current than a few strands can handle verses the complete bundle provided, hence the bulb doesn't work.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 04, 02:29 AM

Had the same problem on mine. It was the connector that went thru at the inner fender up front. I had power at the dash, thru the firewall and all the way to the connector. Wired it direct without the connector and wala. Then found another connector to replace the bad one.

Randy

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 04, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Wound up being a half a..ed splice in the harness behind the fender extension. One of the wires was holding on by a strand... Spliced on the rs underdash extension from the old dash harness. Same connection, and the wires weren't melted. Working like a champ now.

I'll put that forward light harness on my list of things to do next winter...

Thanks for the help fellas! [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

1967 Mountain Green RS/SS 396/325HP TH400

1967 Barn Fresh 327 PG

67 C10
2006 Lemans Blue Corvette Z51 6Spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode