12SI alternator recommendation? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 20th, 17, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Josh

12SI alternator recommendation?

Doing the external to internal conversion on my 68... Looking for a replacement 12SI alternator that is a direct bolt on... I will the have the alternator mounted on the drivers side, (short water pump) and mounted on the head using the accessory holes and bracket.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 20th, 17, 08:48 AM
Senior Tech
Rufas

Re: 12SI alternator recommendation?

I use the 94 amp 1980's Citation, J2000/J6000, etc. And clock them as needed. I have these alternators on many, many vehicles, including all of my own, and most of the street rods in my area, and all over the nation, best alternator you can get. I even replaced my trouble prone CS alternator vehicles alts with the ones I mentioned, stopped all the charging problems created by the CS stuff.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 20th, 17, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave ray View Post
I use the 94 amp 1980's Citation, J2000/J6000, etc. And clock them as needed. I have these alternators on many, many vehicles, including all of my own, and most of the street rods in my area, and all over the nation, best alternator you can get. I even replaced my trouble prone CS alternator vehicles alts with the ones I mentioned, stopped all the charging problems created by the CS stuff.
Thank you... Where do you order them? Local auto parts store?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 21st, 17, 10:09 AM
Senior Tech
Rufas

Any auto parts store that has reputable rebuilds, but, I get mine off cars frm the wrecking yards. LOW cost, and, most of them do not have problems, simple, low cost rebuild kit, build the jumper wire, or use the farm and industrial regulator, done deal, internally regulated, internally bridged 12SI alternator.

I own a shop that does this sort of work, have dome a couple thousand of them that way, and they are on everything from friend's fork lift, to my neighbor's "NOTHING but FORD items on MY Fords" two street rod projects, and his and son's Courier, Bronco, Bronco II's (they refuse to NOT use them on their car projects). I have them on every car I own, including both my 1986 Safari Van and Toyota Camry that ate Japanese alternators like candy, no problems on the van in the last 12 years, no problems on the Camry, last 3 years.

They just work nicely, don't have problems, don't fail. They should also direct fit older remote reg alt brackets, or, easy to make up brackets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode