console wiring last try, help!! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Thought I'd ping the group for one last try to get my console wiring right...

I've put in auto-meter console guages, and would very much like to connect them through the stock auto-trans console harness. I would need to add or retask 3 wires.

First, could someone confirm that the pink wire to the backup light switch IS ignition switched power?

In addition to power, ground, and illumination, I need to add or retask 3 wires. I can use the purple neutral safety switch wires for 2 of them, for the third, I either need to add a pin set to the connector, or give up on ever having backup lights, and retask that wire.

Would anyone like to send me a surplus console harness, and style, and year?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 06:22 AM
Senior Tech

I should have at least part of a harness some where but Iíve got to get back to yard work first before I start cleaning up and digging around in the garage.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

tx geez, lemme know. I really only need the main connector, to lberate a few pins.

I keep on telling myself to be patient... painted the dash yesterday, want so bad to button up the wiring and move on...if I sacrfice the backup lights, could be done in 20 minutes...lol

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 07:39 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

If in doubt, use an ohm meter to determine if there is continuity from the pink wire to the + battery cable with the key on.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

lol, tx carl, and geez... I decided to assume... since the wires are green and pink, and the wire in the truck is green, and we don't need backup lights when the keys off... pink must be switched ignition. Also decided that since my backup light switch (if I ever get one) will be on the trans, not in the console, I can use that wire, so I did and it's done!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 12:15 PM
Senior Tech

Well ok! Then Iíll get back to barbecuing, beer drinking, and soaking up some rays on this perfect 85* day!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I just don't wanna hear about it... It LOOKS like a beautiful day here, but it's like 28 degrees! At least it's wamr in the garage, and got the race on the radio. Hiost a beer for me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode