A/C wiring harness - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 05, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I'm installing the missing A/C wiring harness in my 69 car with a SB.

I'v figured most of it out, with a few exceptions.

Engine side:

1) The fuse wire, has a connection which looks like it goes to the main fuse box for power, what location in the box does it go?

2) The harness wraps around the evaporator core box, one plug goes into the side of the box between it and the fender, then there are two more single wires. Do these go to the blower motor?

Inside of car:

1) One connector under the dash of the car goes to the top of the heater box, I see were it goes. Does it matter which way it goes on? Or will it only go on one way? (i.e, there are two colored wires to the connector, does it matter which wire touches which prong).

THANKS for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 05, 02:41 PM
Senior Tech
Charles

the in-line fuse wire is orange on the a/c harness and changes (at the in-line fuse) to a black 10 ga. wire that goes to the batt. terminal on the horn relay, not the fuse box.

two wires to the blower motor...yes. there is a ground tab bolted to the fan motor housing for the second wire, it is located on the fan mounting bolt right next to the blower motor terminal. 12 ga. purple to blower, 12 ga. black to ground tab.

connector underdash...2 tan wires on one side and light green on the other terminal. could probably be put on either way since it's switch controlled, but the wiring manual shows the l. green wire towards the firewall. but again i don't think it matters.

BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
1969 SS X55 NOR added RS all NOS sheetmetal, ground up resto. 24 year project and dream. optioned out the wazoo. in one thousand pieces, and coming together finally.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 05, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Hey thanks a lot for the information.

Especially the fuse wire. I have the black part of the wire and for some reason I was thinking the connection on the end was the type that goes to the fuse box, but I now see its not that type. I will be able to finish up my connections tonight. I guess I'm going to have to remove my fender to get at the blower motor, really hate to do that.

THANKS AGAIN!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 05, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

RUN269,

I have another question on the A/C harness. I'v removed my fender to hook up the last two wires. There is already a wire attached to one of the prongs on the blower motor. I think I seen somewhere in one of the diagrams something with the radio, but not sure, what do I do? Do I disconnect the one there? If I do, what do I do with it?

THANKS!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 05, 08:01 AM
Retired
Jim

The blower has one push on wire with a rubber boot and the other wire grounds to the motor frame itself. Ive seen a diagram of a capacitor for radio suspression also in that area but mine doest have it. Im on the road and not home to check but thats what I recall.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 05, 05:04 PM
Senior Tech
Charles

option U63 A5 page 439 in the 69' AIM shows the radio capacitor.

if you have a capacitor just plug the blower feed into it. the capacitor bolts to the right front bolt on the cowl plenum valve bracket. (that thingy with the door in the cowl vent area below the windshield and above the A/C suitcase).

does this sound like what you have HO69??

BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
1969 SS X55 NOR added RS all NOS sheetmetal, ground up resto. 24 year project and dream. optioned out the wazoo. in one thousand pieces, and coming together finally.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 05, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Well, thats what I thought too and I seen in the diagrams to connect in between the radio wire, but I dont have the capacitor. I do have an orange wire coming off the blower but does not go to a capacitor it runs across in a wiring harnes. So I figure I will either disconnect the orange wire and leave hanging, or maybe spice the A/C wire into the orange wire, or if I can get that capaitor sl=plice it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode