Wipers on 67 aren't parking in right spot - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 03, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

My 67 Camaro Wipers are parking several inches up on the windshield. I've had the motor replaced with a new one, and the switch as well. My old mechanic couldn't give me a specific thing that was wrong and I am looking to solve the problem. The motor that is on it now looks like a non depressed type according to a tech manual I have. However, I'm not sure since I didn't purchase it. The tech manual also says that a non depressed motor will park the wipers about 2 inches above the bottom of the windshield. When I look up what is for sale at Ricks 1st Gen, the only motor they are showing looks like the one I have on the car. But the tech manual also tells me that there is a depressed model and I can't find a reference for one of those for sale. It looks totally different than the one on my car. My question is, were there 2 types of wiper motor? Is it possiable I have the wrong one for my car? Also, is there any adjustment or work around for this or do I have to find a different motor? And if I do need a depressed wiper motor, where might I be able to find one? As always, thanks for any advice!

Terri......<P>1967 Camaro: 350 motor, Edelbrock Intake and Carb, Turbo 350 Transmission with B&M shift kit and shifter, Posi Traction, more mods to come!<P>1991 RS Camaro: Black, purchased new, Excellent condition and almost stock<P>Latest Addition: 1984 Z28 Camaro: White, T-Tops, A mostly stock daily driver for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 03, 02:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Peter

I hate asking a dumb question, but have you tried moving the wiper arms on the shaft to a lower position?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 03, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I have, the problem is the Off (park) position. When operating the wipers are perfect in the range they operate. They clear from the bottom of the windshield to the top portion with no over run on either the bottom or top. And when the power is off to the car, the wipers can be manually put in the proper position, but as soon as the car is cranked, they immediatly jump back into park position which is about 2 to 3 inches too high. This is the reason I am thinking this may be a difference in the depressed vs. non depressed wiper motor. My tech manual says that the non depressed wiper motor parks appx. 2 inches higher than the depressed wiper motor. This car didn't have any wiper motor at all when it was purchased. This wiper motor was put on by a mechanic whom I really don't trust so I am questioning if I have the correct wiper motor on the car. as i said above, the motor i have now looks just like the ones for sale in ricks and year one, just like the non depressed type in my original 67 shop manual, but i have a picture of a depressed wiper motor in my shop manual that i can't find any reference to anywhere. I'm guessing this depressed wiper motor may be what I need, but I'm not sure. I'm looking for some advice on the differences and where to get the depressed version. Thanks!

Terri......<P>1967 Camaro: 350 motor, Edelbrock Intake and Carb, Turbo 350 Transmission with B&M shift kit and shifter, Posi Traction, more mods to come!<P>1991 RS Camaro: Black, purchased new, Excellent condition and almost stock<P>Latest Addition: 1984 Z28 Camaro: White, T-Tops, A mostly stock daily driver for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode