Voltage regulator - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 1st, 04, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

I couldn't sleep very well last night so I went to the garage and installed the new engine and light harnesses for my 69 Z with gauges. Went in great. Took my time and spent a couple of hours working. Checked the books on occasion, but really didn't need them. [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

The question I have is in regards to the voltage regulator. I have the correct part number and dated piece and was wondering what bolt hole does the condenser fit to and what is the small screw for that is on the side where the part number and date is stamped? Ground?

06A 1969 Camaro Z28 X33D80 69 B 711 Black Stripes Console w/tach and gauges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 04, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Thumbs up

The small screw is for securing the condenser. The ground gets attached to a mounting bolt. You notice the regulator is bolted to rubber expansion nuts, so, ground wire gets attached to one of them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 04, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Thanks for the info. Now I know that I need some other items to correct the mounting. My voltage regulater is currently bolted metal to metal with no rubber insulators and the condenser holder is bolted to voltage regulater bolt that bolts to the radiator. I'm wondering if i even have the right holder for the condenser. The smaller screw will definately not work with the bigger hole in the condenser holder.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 04, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Thumbs up

Could be the condenser holder gets bolted to one of the regulator mounting bolts. I'll check Rosie tonight.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 04, 03:54 AM
Senior Tech
John

The small screw is for mounting the capacitor to the regulator, and is also used for the ground wire to the firewall. The wire from the capacitor gets connected to a terminal on the regulator. The ground wire connects with the small screw at the regulator, and is grounded to the firewall along with the LH headlight ground.

John
'67 SS/RS (RR)
'68 RS conv. (J2)
'68 Z/28 (VV)
'68 Drag Car(ZZ) 11.30 @ 118
'73 Corvette Drag Car 12.64 @ 106

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 4th, 04, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

The condenser is already "PLUGGED" in where it belongs but it was bolted to one of the mounting legs of the voltage regulator. I ordered the missing pieces and all should be back to normal soon.

Thanks for the info KYVOX. [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode