Flasher Not Working w/AAW Classic Update Kit - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chevy68

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 18, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trace

Flasher Not Working w/AAW Classic Update Kit

I have a 67 with an American Autowire Classic Update kit and a professionally rebuilt GM tilt column. Everything works perfectly except the hazards. I push in the knob, and nothing happens. Anyone have this issue?

'67 LS1 resto-mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 18, 03:30 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Flasher Not Working w/AAW Classic Update Kit

Is the flasher unit installed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 18, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trace

Does it need a second flasher module in addition to the turn signal unit to work the hazards? There was only 1 spot in the fuse panel, but I found it odd that the kit came with 2 flasher modules. I didn't notice this in the schematics, but I'm terrible about reading instructions. I still have all the remnants of the kit to work with.

'67 LS1 resto-mod

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 18, 05:01 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracetrimble View Post
Does it need a second flasher module in addition to the turn signal unit to work the hazards? There was only 1 spot in the fuse panel, but I found it odd that the kit came with 2 flasher modules. I didn't notice this in the schematics, but I'm terrible about reading instructions. I still have all the remnants of the kit to work with.

Two flashers needed. One on the fuse panel and the other plugs onto a couple of wires hanging under the dash. Should not be too difficult to identify.

I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 18, 05:20 PM
Senior Tech
jerry

Try looking in the area by the radio, there is one there on my 69, I never had my 67 dash apart, This link is to a firebird forum, but likely the same for camaro
https://firstgenfirebird.org/forums/...&Number=201940
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 18, 05:55 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Yes factory harnesses used a second unit under the dash that was mounted at the factory to the radio support bracket toward the lighter and ashtray. I'm not sure how the AAW classic conversion harness sets up. All I have ever seen is the instructions where it is wired with the dash harness and instruction on how to convert if you have a newer than 67-69 steering column connector aka the harmonica. If that doesn't solve your question give them a call first thing Thursday morning. Their phone support is top notch.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 18, 07:48 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Garage

Quote:
Yes two flashers are required. They plug directly into the AAW Classic Update fuse panel. They are installed diagonally from each other in the corners on the fuse panel.
130fe likes this.

Thanks,

Jeff

1968 Camaro
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 18, 06:52 AM
Team Member
Darin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy68 View Post
Yes two flashers are required. They plug directly into the AAW Classic Update fuse panel. They are installed diagonally from each other in the corners on the fuse panel.
That's how mine is.

1968 Butternut Coupe,
421" Dart SHP block
TKO 600 RR
Dutchman 9" w/3.70 US Gear Lightning r&p
Speedtech torque arm,Ridetech HQ coilovers
Global West arms
Budnik wheels

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 18, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trace

That was it! The other spot on the fuse panel doesn't have a round feature around it. I also went back through the AAW schematics and couldn't find any reference to it. But, I stuck the other flasher module into it, and they work like a charm now. I'm curious how you guys figured that out, and happy to have working hazards now. Thank you!!

'67 LS1 resto-mod
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 18, 05:13 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Garage

Quote:
That was it! The other spot on the fuse panel doesn't have a round feature around it. I also went back through the AAW schematics and couldn't find any reference to it. But, I stuck the other flasher module into it, and they work like a charm now. I'm curious how you guys figured that out, and happy to have working hazards now. Thank you!!
IIRC, I had to trace the wires from the turn signal switch back to the fuse panel on the AAW schematic for the locations.

Thanks,

Jeff

1968 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode