Where to find 1967 interior fuse panel? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Andrew

Where to find 1967 interior fuse panel?

Hey everyone so I just recently tried starting up my 67 SS clone after a long winter and it wouldn’t kick over long story short I wasn’t getting any power to my coil due to what I believe a faulty under the dashboard fuse (panel, box, block not even sure the proper name to be honest). It seems as though the corrosion finally made it give in and the ignition spade isn’t receiving any power. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has a suggestion of where I can find a replacement fuse box. So far I’ve checked everywhere I can think of and can’t come up with an original looking box with the tube style fuses. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS finally got the car to fire up by pulling the 12V source from the ignition switched stud on the starter motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 19, 08:49 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Where to find 1967 interior fuse panel?

Sure - Contact https://www.lectriclimited.com/ We have a good thread on making the swap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 03:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brett

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Sure - Contact https://www.lectriclimited.com/ We have a good thread on making the swap.
I am really glad I clicked on that link. That looks like a great resource for electrical that can be used for small, focused. particular work. If you need just one wire with a connector on it, this place will do it. You don't have to buy more than you need. Here is a fuse block repair page I copied for you to get an idea of what they offer. They are in a Chicago suburb, so they could have been associated with the Detroit auto industry back in the day, cause they have a large selection of machines and wiring processes. I will use them soon!
P.S: Sorry, I clicked on my 69 for searching, so the pic is not for your 67......

1969 SS 396 X66 - RS Conversion - TKO600 - 3.73 Posi - Paint Code 71-LeMans Blue

Last edited by Brettallen59; Apr 14th, 19 at 05:46 AM. Reason: typo

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Andrew

Hey guys thanks a lot for the quick responses I’ll contact them during the week and get one ordered I appreciate the help. I can’t figure out why it’s such a tough piece to find.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 19, 06:28 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

In general you can say that American Auto Wire, Painless, M & H Electric among others who make full harnesses and fuse panels are reluctant to just sell the fuse box.
Lectric Limited does and the quality is great. Just be aware that your 50 year old harness may also be showing signs of wear like you have found in the panel. You may need to replace and or extend the actual connections on the rear of the fuse panel in order to get the repair done.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/19-el...lock-67-a.html

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 06:31 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Are you using the stock points type distributor? If so, there should be two wires that connect to the "+" side terminal of the coil: one with 12 volts that comes from the starter, and a resistor wire with lower voltage when the starter is disengaged, and engine is running. The lower resistor wire is to prevent the points in the distributor from pitting prematurely. If you have a constant 12 volts going to the coil "+" and its hot all the time, you will be changing points often. The 12 volts from the starter is to give the coil a bit more charge to get a cold engine to fire. Once running, the coil works good with a lower voltage input.

The starter (if stock) has two posts; one is marked "S" on the solenoid, and references START which is what the purple wire from the ignition switch wire is for...it activates the solenoid when you turn the ignition switch to the start position. The other post, marked "R" references RUN and would have a yellow wire providing the 12V to the coil for initial start up. As as soon as you release the key in the ignition switch, that circuit shuts off and the coil is then fed by the white resistor wire (lower voltage to the coil that comes from the ignition switch.

If the ignition has been converted to an MSD type box ignition, then they prefer a 12 volt source, so those that do this conversion roll up and tape off the white resistor wire (in case you or another owner go back to original), and then they source a 12 volt lead that is hot when the key is in the run position. On the fuse box, there is a spade marked IGN that can be used for this.

Never argue with an idiot; they'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode