67 Printed Circuit Board - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 19, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bill

67 Printed Circuit Board

I maybe in need of another Printed Circuit Board for a 67 camaro. I would like to stay with an original, but I donít see that happening. Is there a good aftermarket one available and from where? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 19, 05:55 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: 67 Printed Circuit Board

The majority of GM printed circuit boards of that era were prone to brittleness, but the reproductions use a more durable mylar backing that seems to last longer, and wears better on the metal surfaces. The majority of big vendors all sell circuits and I have not heard of one being better than the others. There are usually two different ones pictured by all the vendors, one is clear with tan highlights, the other is clear with bluish/green highlights. Both Made in USA so may in fact come from one manufacturer, and that may be OER but I'm not sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 19, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bill

Thanks Brian.... I have noticed the two different color variations. My has a small spot that has worn through at the low fuel light connection. I think it maybe causing a short. When switching the car on the fuse blows.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 19, 07:39 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Yeah could be causing a ground short. You can disconnect the board carefully try to repair the gap, but more than likely you will have or develop others as time goes by with the original IMHO

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Yeah could be causing a ground short. You can disconnect the board carefully try to repair the gap, but more than likely you will have or develop others as time goes by with the original IMHO
Agree. If one circuit "runner" opened up on this flexible circuit board film, others will soon happen as well. Best to replace it while you have it out, preventing you from doing it all over again if you attempt a repair of the original one.

Never argue with an idiot; they'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode