Team Camaro Tech banner

2 wiring questions

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  130fe 
#1 ·
Hopefully someone who has been through this already can help me out.

I have the AAW classic update harness. First question: does this brown alternator wire connect to the single wire input on the alternator? No schematic with the alternator so I'm not sure if that is the correct thing to do. Second question: the Wilwood prop. valve has a 2 wire switch and harness has a single wire connection. How have you guys dealt with this? Not needed, different switch, ???

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Usually your LS harness has the alternator connector and the AAW wire is not needed in my experience. I’m sure others will offer up another option.

Don

Reactions: 130fe
#4 ·
I thought that brown wire was for the GEN light on the dash cluster. My understanding is that if there was no dash indicator it wasn’t needed. Like Don said, just connect the LS harness alt connector to the alternator and make sure you upgrade your charging wire. Are you using the Holley Midmount? I am and using a 4 gauge wire. That alternator puts out like 100 amps at idle. Awesome setup.

I didn’t use brake switch in my similiar setup.
Thanks for the replies gentleman. You nailed it Chris, it is the Holley Mid-mount. I've been able to verify that the wire from the alternator is just a 12V switched input (thought that was the case but not sure) is that brown wire 12V switched? I only ask because I'm using the Holley Terminator X to run the fuel injection. I'm going through the Holley instructions but I haven't seen a 12V switched output to run over to the alternator on that harness.

Is the switch on the proportioning valve for brake lights or brake warning? If it is just brake lights it is redundant and I could just remove it like Chris suggested.

#3 ·
I thought that brown wire was for the GEN light on the dash cluster. My understanding is that if there was no dash indicator it wasn’t needed. Like Don said, just connect the LS harness alt connector to the alternator and make sure you upgrade your charging wire. Are you using the Holley Midmount? I am and using a 4 gauge wire. That alternator puts out like 100 amps at idle. Awesome setup.

I didn’t use brake switch in my similiar setup.

#5 ·
Learn new stuff everyday. That Wilwood brake switch is not a warning circuit (I always thought it was), it will provide a signal to activate brake lights when brakes are applied. Like if you have a vehicle that doesn’t have a brake switch like we do on our cars. Matt, I would not use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.