2 wiring questions - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By dhutton

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 20, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

2 wiring questions

Hopefully someone who has been through this already can help me out.

I have the AAW classic update harness. First question: does this brown alternator wire connect to the single wire input on the alternator? No schematic with the alternator so I'm not sure if that is the correct thing to do. Second question: the Wilwood prop. valve has a 2 wire switch and harness has a single wire connection. How have you guys dealt with this? Not needed, different switch, ???

Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_171807233_1579473248252.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	231997   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_171813606_1579473315409.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	231999   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_171909863_1579473417638.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	232001  

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 20, 03:43 PM
Team Member
Don

Re: 2 wiring questions

Usually your LS harness has the alternator connector and the AAW wire is not needed in my experience. Iím sure others will offer up another option.

Don
130fe likes this.

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 20, 04:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Thumbs up Re: 2 wiring questions

I thought that brown wire was for the GEN light on the dash cluster. My understanding is that if there was no dash indicator it wasnít needed. Like Don said, just connect the LS harness alt connector to the alternator and make sure you upgrade your charging wire. Are you using the Holley Midmount? I am and using a 4 gauge wire. That alternator puts out like 100 amps at idle. Awesome setup.

I didnít use brake switch in my similiar setup.

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 20, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Usually your LS harness has the alternator connector and the AAW wire is not needed in my experience. Iím sure others will offer up another option.

Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
I thought that brown wire was for the GEN light on the dash cluster. My understanding is that if there was no dash indicator it wasnít needed. Like Don said, just connect the LS harness alt connector to the alternator and make sure you upgrade your charging wire. Are you using the Holley Midmount? I am and using a 4 gauge wire. That alternator puts out like 100 amps at idle. Awesome setup.

I didnít use brake switch in my similiar setup.
Thanks for the replies gentleman. You nailed it Chris, it is the Holley Mid-mount. I've been able to verify that the wire from the alternator is just a 12V switched input (thought that was the case but not sure) is that brown wire 12V switched? I only ask because I'm using the Holley Terminator X to run the fuel injection. I'm going through the Holley instructions but I haven't seen a 12V switched output to run over to the alternator on that harness.

Is the switch on the proportioning valve for brake lights or brake warning? If it is just brake lights it is redundant and I could just remove it like Chris suggested.

My Build Thread

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 20, 06:09 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Learn new stuff everyday. That Wilwood brake switch is not a warning circuit (I always thought it was), it will provide a signal to activate brake lights when brakes are applied. Like if you have a vehicle that doesnít have a brake switch like we do on our cars. Matt, I would not use it.

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in