85 Camaro Console Question - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 05, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

85 Camaro Console Question

Long story short, took carpet out, cleaned it, put back in, putting back middle console, found a wire bundle that wasn't labeled like the rest of them. It must have come off somehow and now I'm not quite sure where it goes. The wiring diagrams don't show it (or I can't find it) so I'm not quite sure what to do! Anyone have any ideas what its for? Its the connector with orange, black, and gray wires. See the pics below...

http://www.crazyrusty.com/vehicles/8...onnection1.JPG
http://www.crazyrusty.com/vehicles/8...onnection2.JPG

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 05, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Re: 85 Camaro Console Question

awww any suggestions? I am beginning to think that it is there for an option that isn't in the car.

On another note, my power release for the hatch stopped working. Anyone know if there is a fuse somewhere up the chain that might have blown? Maybe this is linked to this connection. This is so confusing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 05, 10:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Re: 85 Camaro Console Question

Might be console light when door opens. I think I have seen ashtray lights too. Although that looks like heavy gauge wire for a small light.

The yellow/orange one looks like fairly heavy gauge wire. Seat belt warnings? There isn't an extra connector on teh n/s switch is there?

It could be unsed options like pmirror or pseats. But in my experience, those are usually only present with the options. Iin an 85 T/A I stripped, the pm and ps harnesses were literally tacked to the main harnesses with masking tape from the factory. A true add on (made retroing it into my 82 easy), so I would not expect it to be laying there.

I'll see if I can find my old T/A manuals and look up the wiring diagram. It looks real familiar to me, but it has been a while.

Scott from NJ. Stay thirsty, my friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TC Member #13

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 05, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Post Re: 85 Camaro Console Question

Hey, thanks for the reply!

The orange/yellow connection is for the power hatch release. It doesnt seem to be working but I think thats because the relay is blown.

The drivers seat is power but it gets the connection from the harness running down the drivers side. What's strange is that it only has so much room to move around. It has enough room to either hook to something in the middle console (nothing there to hook to) or to hook to the Ebrake or shifter. The ebrake only needs one wire thats already hooked up and the shifter already has its connection hooked up. I could only think that it is suppose to hook to some connection that is suppose to come from the passenger side? Maybe its for the passegner seat power seat.. I don't have a power seat on that side but I guess it could be for that.
Do you, or anyone else, know of a good place to get better wiring manuals? The one I have doesn't show anything to do with the middle console so it's a little frustrating.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 05, 09:35 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Hatch release, makes sense I guess. That still looks like heavy wire. The hatch release in my T/A was in the dash, and I do not remember it being heavy gauge wire. Perhaps the picture is misleading me on the gauge.Do you have the official GM manual? (http://www.helminc.com/) They are the best manuals, worth every penny, IMO. Mine is in 2 pieces I used it so much. Of course I had crossfire injection, so I needed it. :lol:

I still have to find my 82 T/A manual and look that up for you. I didnít forget you! Funny, Sunday I was at Englishtown (spring swap meet) and there were some mid 80-s f bodies being parted out. I poked through 2 of them for your wire! No help, though.

TC Member #13
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 05, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Ahhhh $176 for a manual!! holy cow.

Thanks a lot for your help!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 05, 12:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Alldata.com - online manual for like $20 a year. Just about as good.

TC Member #13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode