stumped on wiring - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 05, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Unhappy stumped on wiring

I have a 1969 camaro, and I am in the process of running the wiring. I have a few problems with the lighting. I have checked all the ground to make sure of good contact to bare metal as well.
Here we go: lights on everything except parking lights work, and the right signal dash light comes on as well
I only have left brake lights
only left turn signal
only left hazards
also no power to the nss plug before i hook the switch into,or after it, so no start up
I have no clue a lot of the system is working, but also alot of issues. Anybody have some previous situations like this. thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 05, 04:35 PM

Re: stumped on wiring

Are you rewiring with a new harness kit or replacing each wire individually as you go along?

The headlight switch controls the parking lights. Check to see if the fuse is blown that supplies power to the headlight switch for the parking lights. If that OK, I would check the headligh switch and see if you have the parking lights wired up correctly and that they are seeing 12 volts at the switch.

No right brake, right turn and no right hazard and the fact that the right turn indicator light is on would seem to indicate that something is not wired correctly going to or coming from the steering column wiring. Double check and test these wires to be sure where they are coming from and going to.

The nss power comes thru the ignition switch to the nss, check the ignition switch to see if it is wired properly.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 05, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to use all the original wiring. My harness is in excellent shape. I took all the original wrap off, checked for breaks or other noticable problems. There was nothing that was bad. I have replaced the headlight switch with a new one. Being the wiring was in such good shape I thought maybe other switches might be bad: ignition, turn signal, horn relay? maybe. I posted wrong, the left turn signal indicator comes on with the lights not the right. As far as the switches being wired properly, they all check out with the diagram in the assembly manual. All the harness plugs can only go into one spot one way on the ignition, and turn signal switches. I will dig a little on those, maybe try a couple new switches. thanks

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 05, 09:19 PM
Retired
Jim

Jen when I detailed my old harness I replaced a ton of the brass connectors, the pinches that hold the wires were loose or corroded on many of them, so loss in power was probable as well as loss of ground too. The connectors are available in bulk from www.madelectrical.com thats my 2cents today

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode