Backup Light Harness Question - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 05, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Backup Light Harness Question

I'm trying to piece a backup light circuit together for a 68 4 speed. I just bought the new backup switch assy from Classic. Looks like this harness plugs thru the firewall. There must be an additonal harness that goes from the the backup light switch plug to the console harness plug. I looked at the assy manual, but it seems to be very vague. Can anyone shine some light on this?

Thanks in advance.
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 05, 10:55 AM

Re: Backup Light Harness Question

There is an intermediate switch that runs from the plug on the underdash harness to the hole in the firewall on the passenger side of the steering column. You plug your switch assembly with harness into the intermediate harness at the firewall.

Hope this helps,

Victor

67 vert
W 2LG 3L 4P
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 05, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. Just so I'm clear, the backup light switch harness plug goes in the firewall hole, then there is an additional plug that's part of the underdash harness that mates to it. That harness then routes down to the console guage harness and plugs in there?
Thanks for the help. This has been very frustrating.

Mark

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 05, 12:32 PM

No.

The back up harness plugs into the hole in the firewall. There is a separate intermediate harness that plugs into the backup switch harness at the firewall and runs up to behind the dash cluster where it goes into a flat two wire plug that is part of the main dash harness. The intermediate harness, which it sounds like you are missing, has a clip that attaches to one of the steering column supports. I couldn't find the intermediate harness in the classic catalogue, I am not saying it isn't there I just couldn't find it. I did find the intermediate harness in the NPD catalogue it is part #C-2697-30A (dash to back-up switch at firewall).

If you can't figure it out, send me a private message with your email address and I will shoot you a picture. I haven't figured out how to post pictures on the forum yet.

Victor

67 vert
W 2LG 3L 4P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode