Camaro78 - Igntion Problems
Hi.I write from Poland. I'm owner of 78Camaro, 305, with Accel 49106E DualPoints Distributor and Accel 8140C Coil.
The problem has started when by my mistake i leaved the car switched on [ but engine was stopped ]. Probably points were connected what caused coil to blow [ it was about 160C degrees hot ]. When it became cool [ after 20minutes car started but died after several minutes... ] Several attempts to repair failed.
I've replaced Coil and Points. Engine has started and was running for 5 mins, then died. Coil was hot [ about 50-60C Degrees ].
What should/could i do to repair that problem?
I disassembled everything and after metering i have such readouts:
1. Coil primary - 1.8Ohm, secondary - 9.4KOhm,
2. Points are cleared out and looks good [ no burning spots ],
3. Condenser metering didnt show anything [ no resistance at all - CAUSE of FAILURE? ]
4. HV Wire from Coil to Distributor shows 7.4KOhm [weird... 1ft long] and all others [ from distributor to spark plugs show 0.5-0.8KOhm ]
5. I have no balance resistor [ Does the 2.5Ohm would be ok? ]