Turn Signal Trouble - help - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 05, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Angry Turn Signal Trouble - help

I have recently lost the use of my turn signals on my '68. The flashers work just fine, but I have nothing at all in the way of turn signals. I have checked and replaced the "fuse" but still nothing. Not a situation of working in front and not the rear or just not blinking etc. Just nothing. Any help on were to start would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 05, 12:43 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to undee72Z
Re: Turn Signal Trouble - help

Have you checked the flasher. There are 2 of them, one for the hazards, one for the turn signals. You need a meter or a test light to see if power is coming out of flasher.

Greg U

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by undee72Z; Aug 11th, 05 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 05, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Yes I have checked both flashers but not gone any farther. I am not sure how to trouble shoot with respect to were I should have voltage etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 05, 02:11 PM

I had the same problem with mine...turned out to be a ground wire from the blinkers post to the body. Just an item you might check.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 05, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the input Mike, can you explain what you mean by "blinkers post".
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 05, 03:45 PM

I just ran a ground wire from one of the two bolts on the blinker housing just inside the grill to a bolt on the body. I did one on each side. Started working like a charm. Before I found out that this was the problem I had already replaced the turn signal switch. Seems like all my problems in my car turns out to be grounds.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 05, 08:13 PM

Also; I had a problem once where one turn signal would work and the other would just stay 'on' and not flash. I replaced the one bulb and then it switched on me. The other side would stay on and the other would flash. So I replaced the other bulb and they both worked. The bulbs have to draw enough current to get the bimetallic piece of metal in the flasher to get hot enough to bend.

Just a future suggestion if this ever happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode