auto meter guage pod and painless wiring - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

auto meter guage pod and painless wiring

please help i bought a guage pod and a wiring harness to make life easy but it aint lol i have a 68 wiring diagram and thought i traced everything properly but none of the guages work. can i run wires for sensore thru old harness(orig cluster was dummy lite not guage) i did but like i said doesnt seem to work and can anyone tell me what the wires are in the plug and where they go theres 9 of them thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Re: auto meter guage pod and painless wiring

please help im fallin off boards
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 03:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Exaxtly which guages did you get? Are they all electric? The guages come with a hookup diagram. Each gauge needs 12v which is present only when the ignition is on, You can find this on the pink wire (assuming an auto trans floor shift non guage harness, since you didn't tell us different.) Each guage needs a good ground. Each guage needs a wire to the sending unit. The stock water temp idiont light wire is green. The oil light wire is brown. You can use them, but they don't go to the console (on a non guage car)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

jim it is a floor shift non guage car so can you tell me what wires i can use in the factory harness w/o havin to run all new ones to the senders there auto meter ultralite and are all electric thanks for the help
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

plus by conole i meant dash all the guages are goin in the dash(covans classics) what wires do i use in the dash harness has 9 wires in it thanks so much
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

alot of lookin but no replies lol
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

jim where are you lol
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 05:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

i'm here.... newbie... just kidding... Once apon a time, a few months ago, I had all this embeded in my brain... did all the same stuff, but with the guages in the console and a shiny new oer tic toc tach... spent most of the past 12 hours on a 30 foot bucket lift trimming up and acre of pines, and the brain is kinda faded... not gonna be no help to you today...

temp wire is dark green.
oil wire is brown
dash lighting is white
the is a hot wire, it used to go to the fuel gauge.
fuel sender is yellow.
There is no tach wire, you'll hafta run one.
There is no ground wire, you'll hafta run one.

over the past two or 3 weeks, some wonderful soul with too much time on his hands posted some fabulous full color wiring diagrams in electrical. Search for "wiring diagram", if you don't find it, search for ".pdf" they were acrobat files.

Good luck, you'll find wut u need.... my color codes are from memory, I think they're right, but not complete.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

the ??? is a hot wire what is it im in suspense
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 08:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

[QUOTE=JimM]over the past two or 3 weeks, some wonderful soul with too much time on his hands posted some fabulous full color wiring diagrams in electrical. Search for "wiring diagram", if you don't find it, search for ".pdf" they were acrobat files.[QUOTE]

Agt the top of every forum page, there's a red bar full of many useful things. one is a search button. When I searched "electrical" for "color wiring diagrams" I found this: https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...wiring+diagram It will help you....

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 05, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

jim i did that b4 but i cant seem to open the pictures and i dont know why
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 05, 08:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntz420
jim i did that b4 but i cant seem to open the pictures and i dont know why
Those wiring diagrams are pdf files. Go to http://www.adobe.com and download and install the "free acrobat reader" Then you'll be able to open the diagrams.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 05, 08:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

on second thought, I can't get them today, either... says "image not available" I did save them to my laptop last week, I'll try to get them on my website soon.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 05, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

thank god u couldnt get it either was starting to think i was really stupid i know i have VERY LITTLE mechanical skills but i consider myself just a step above a moron lol
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 05, 07:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

ok, i do have the pdf color wiring diagrams on my laptop/ I wish to heck I could remember who I got them from, I really don't know if I should put em out without asking. I'll try to get em on my website tonight, needa figure out how to password protect the page, then post the password here. He did say they would be available to tc members... gimme a couple hours, need grocerys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode