2 green wires? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 05, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

2 green wires?

After removing the radio I can see almost behind the insturment panel from the passenger side and I noticed 2 green wires hanging in open space about 3in. away from the signal flasher. I believe these are for the origional speaker in the top of the dash?

P.S. - The radio I removed was a aftermarket that was connected to the 4 speakers that were installed.

I also noticed that the ground screw right to the left of the radio area was loose so I went to screw it back and I noticed that it acts like it's stuck on something?
I believe this screw also holds the signal flasher bracket in place?

EDIT: I also want to add a little question to this post. Is the fuel gauge (in-dash. no console gauges) susposed to register the fuel level even when the engine is off and key out? Or is it susposed to go off when the key is turned off?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 05, 05:11 PM

Re: 2 green wires?

I'll chime in since no-one else has, not sure of your year, but my 67 registers the fuel level at all times, even with key out... closest 2 green wires I can come up with looking at schmatics, does your high/low beam indicator switch work? I show 18T/14LBL/16LG/20LG from foot switch to harness under dash (once again on 67'). Not sure of ground as mine has aftermarket radio and alarm (previous owner) and mines a bit hacked...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 05, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

It's a 1968. Everything else in the dash works, except the heat & A/C controls. That's disconnected at the blower I believe. Is the heat & A/C panel susposed to light up in a 68?

Thanks!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 05, 08:10 PM
Senior Tech
geneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccbhard
It's a 1968. Everything else in the dash works, except the heat & A/C controls. That's disconnected at the blower I believe. Is the heat & A/C panel susposed to light up in a 68?

Thanks!
Going from memory here....
Yes the heater control lites up I think its a single gray wire with a bulb socket, plugs into pass side of heater control.
radio to speaker should be dark green and blk
hi beam indicater is lt green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode