painless wiring kit? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 05, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

painless wiring kit?

hey guys I bought the painless 18 circuit kit for my 68 camaro and I dont see any wiring for the other gauges that are in the center console(water temp, oil press., etc.) I would have thought they would be in the larger circuit kit does anyone else have this kit and did you run inot the same problem? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 05, 06:38 AM

Re: painless wiring kit?

You are correct. I did a painless kit about 6-7 months ago and no wiring for the center gauges.. Got to do them yourself....

Keith
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 05, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

that sucks they give you all the wiring for other crap that most of the time you wouldnt really use and then when it comes to stuff you will definetly use its not there Im kinda disapointed.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 05, 06:49 AM

Yup, I have mixed feelings on the painless kit. There were a few SNAFUs I ran into along the way... Anyway good luck with it.

Keith
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 05, 11:36 AM

i have this kit and u should call them and bitch like i did i dont have gauges tho but i did have other problems tho
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 05, 06:06 AM
Senior Tech

I just had to send my Forward Wiring Harness back because the engine I have in my car is not the origional, and I forgot to tell them that before ordering. When I ordered it I told them that it would be for a 68 Camaro. The factory engine for this year model origionally had the alternator on the left hand side. The engine in it now is a replacement engine and has the alternator on the right hand side. The forward wiring harness won't reach it. Also the harness in this kit was made for an alternator with an external regulator whereas my alternator I'm using has the regulator built internally.

Thus another milestone in the long line of setbacks toward reaching my dream. I'll get it right someday though...someday

When you buy an American car, you provide work for a man and his family for three months. -Jay Leno
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 05, 02:20 PM
AAW

Try this: http://www.americanautowire.com/prod..._kits.cfm#CUK5

If it looks like something you want more information about, shoot me an email and I'll mail you a catalog or email you a PDF, whichever you prefer.

Theresa
[email protected]
American Autowire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode