Hazard and Turn Signal Light Issue - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 06, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Hazard and Turn Signal Light Issue

The first problem i had was that my left side dash signal light stayed on when the light switch is pulled to the on position. I investigated and here is some of what i found.

1- The flasher fuse on the fuse box is about 1 3/4 inches long. 12 volt HD 536. It is being scuffed by the emergency brake when it is engaged. I am not sure if it is the right flasher fuse.

2- The hazard flasher fuse is 12 volt HD 522. About an inch long. Not sure where to look to see if this is correct.

Basics:
Key in on position-Hazard button pushed in, signal switch off, hazard lights will only flash when the right signal is engaged. Left signal has no effect.

Key off position, light switch pulled on, Hazard pushed in, Interior signal lights are off.

Key off position, light switch pulled on, Hazard pulled out position, Left side interior signal light stays on.

Note- All exterior lights and braking appear to work normal despite any this interior issue.

Thanks for any help on this issue. 68camrs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 06, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: Hazard and Turn Signal Light Issue

I looked at a local autoparts site and found the an FC536 is the hazard flasher and the 552 is the signal flasher. Is this correct? When i swapped out the flashers, i got a really quick turn signal indicator and hazard flashing. I am not sure what the flashing rate should be. Any help appreciated. Is the HD522 simply the wrong part number? Corrected - I wrote it down wrong earlier today, it was a HD552 on the hazard side originally. Thanks 68camrs

Last edited by 68camrs; Jan 2nd, 06 at 06:54 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 01:47 PM
Senior Tech
Tom

Send a message via MSN to kausboy
Re: Hazard and Turn Signal Light Issue

The HD I believe is for "heavy duty" -you usually install these when you need to hook up a trailer. (have seen them installed to slow down turn signals due to other problems!!)
Sounds more like a bad ground someplace. I had some really strange light problems when I got my car back from paint and installed the instrument cluster. Turned out there is a ground that goes to the center screw in the guage cluster and because of the paint it wasn't grounding. Scuffed it a bit and tightened it down and I couldn't belive all the gremlins that fixed! If it is flashing too fast it usually means a short to ground or you have the wrong bulbs installed. Your tail lights should be a dual element bulb. (not sure anymore about the front turn signal bulbs) Perhaps someone else can come on here and point out any errors I made (that is what usually happens).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode