Dash instrument panel bulb holders... - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 06, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Dash instrument panel bulb holders...

I pulled my dash gauge instrument panel out and decided to check the bulbs...When I pulled a couple of them out, the plastic housing that holds the bulbs basically crumbled or broke. Is there a good place to buy these from? I can not find the exact ones from Rick's or Classic...these are the plastic holders behind the speedometer and fuel gauge panel that hold the bulbs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 06, 06:25 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: Dash instrument panel bulb holders...

Ricks, part number:

IN-100

http://www.rickscamaros.com/cgi-loca...ore.cfg+IN-100

The bulbs are LT-12

http://www.rickscamaros.com/cgi-loca...tore.cfg+LT-12

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 06, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I found those, but mine has two types and I cant find the other type...Here is a picture the one on the left is the one that I am not able to find and there are two of these located in the back of the assembly...

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 06:03 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Yeah, the grey sockets are the turn signal lights I believe. I don't see those anywhere but I'll keep looking.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 06:07 AM
Team Member
Christropher

I did however in my searches, find this site that has some cool bright LEDs for use instead of the standard bulbs

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=CAR

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm about 90% sure I've seen the sockets at my local parts store. Run down to Autozone or your fav. store and have a look. Check in the "Help" brand section.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

"

Last edited by clwilcox33; Jan 7th, 06 at 06:20 AM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 06:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Ran into something like that too. The gray ones are for the turn signals and are probably ok, clean up the contacts and use em.

For the ones on the right, new sockets can be had as said.

Also for the ones on the right, the standard bulb is a 4 watt. A 7 watt is available in that size too. I used the 7's on the 4 that illuminate the guages, much brighter, can actually see them at night now!

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Those LED bulbs look interesting...I was looking at buying a kit that bolts into the rear tail light housing for like $70...maybe these might work there...

Jim, it is the turn signal socket or the grey ones on the left that are bad...maybe I will try autozone today...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 07:04 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liveinaz
Those LED bulbs look interesting...I was looking at buying a kit that bolts into the rear tail light housing for like $70...maybe these might work there...

Jim, it is the turn signal socket or the grey ones on the left that are bad...maybe I will try autozone today...
If you like the LED look for tail lights, I think the kit you mentioned would still be better as it puts lights across the entire lense, not just at the bulb.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

"
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 07:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I think the gray ones are "supposed to be" for the turn signals. Mine were not installed that way when I took them out. Both sockets will fit in all the spots. If your gray ones are bad, just use the black ones with the 7 watt bulbs should be plenty bright.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

How do you know what the wattage is on the bulbs? I just got back from autozone and they sell the "stick-in" bulbs I think the number on the one I have is like 168, but there isnt anywhere on the package that tells you the wattage of the bulb and the guy there said he didnt know...do you have a number for the 7 watt bulb?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 08:09 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Did they have any sockets?

Christropher

...in pieces still.

"
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

they did have the rounded type (the ones on the right in the pic) but not the grey ones...
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 08:12 AM
Team Member
Christropher

This is from another thread BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepsinshed
I just had my dash apart yesterday to replace the bulbs. Here's a picture of a circuit board for a 68 without the tic-toc-tach.

The gray sockets are for the Gen and Temp idiot lights. They take 1816 bulbs.

The socket for the Oil idiot light is different from the rest. It uses a 1445 bulb.

The remaining 7 sockets are for the 4 dash lights, the directional indicators, and the Brake idiot light. They all use 194 bulbs.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Christropher

...in pieces still.

"
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 08:35 AM
Team Member
Christropher

I was waiting for Jim to answer where he got the 7 watt bulbs compared to the 5, but during my search on the bulb part numbers I did come accross another post of his when someone else asked the same question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM
Dan, I don't know the part # for the 7 watt bulbs... my Napa guy suggested them, he drives a 67 and knows all about speedo's you can't hardly see. He had to look them up tho, in the front of the light bulb book, they have a cross reference by type, and they were in there, right under the 194's.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

"
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 08:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I "think" the number was 197?
s'pose that would make sense, since the 19"4" is the 4 watt bulb.
My napa guy looked em up in the crossreference section of the hard copy electrical book, it showed specs of every type of available bulb listed by "base type"

And that is a great picture, I need to hijack it for my "what it is, Where it is" Section!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode