Electrical Basics - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 06, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Electrical Basics

You can find my Electical Basics articles here Electical Basics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

Last edited by DjD; Jan 6th, 10 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 06, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Electrical Basics

This from CFunk regarding tail light sockets for 67 & 69's, might fir 69's too:

The manf. is CALTERM and the PN is 08562.

I picked it up from Advance Auto

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 07, 11:58 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Jim
How do I get into your sticky on electrical trouble shooting? I have the same problem of a good battery going dead after installing an MSD like (new summit) CD ignition box.
Many thanks for your help in the past
Steve

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 07, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Jim
How do I get into your sticky on electrical trouble shooting? I have the same problem of a good battery going dead after installing an MSD like (new summit) CD ignition box.
Many thanks for your help in the past
Steve
Is that a hint?
I haven't written it yet.
What's up there is pretty good tho, if I do say so myself.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 07, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

one thing I just noticed on these diagrams is that, since they are circuit by circuit, it can be less than easy when trying to figure out an entire "hanress" as in locating And identifying cut and missing wires.

If you look at the B/H Connector (bulkhead connector) page, it clearly shows the color, gauge, circuit, and purpose of each wire in the engine and front lighting harnesses.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 08, 08:03 AM

Hey Jim, can I please get the password for your wiring diagrams? Finishing up my 69RS numbers matching everything and am down to the dash/console and interior. Thx!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 09, 10:06 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Any suggestions on the horn relay becoming a little too warm or "hot" if I could use that word ??? ... Once again, I am attempting to problem solve a steering wheel replacement back to original style ... I managed (by reading the posts) to remove it, remove the locking spring (after tool purchase), replace the turn signal canceling cam (everything else looked normal) so I began the installation ... Got down to missing parts which were problem solved by reading the posts ... Now I would like to hear the horns sound off ... I understand that they may not necessarily work (over time they stick or become malfunctioning), But then the horn relay was excessively hot so I replaced that and no change ... I tried disconnecting the horns, then the green wire from the horn relay, then taking the horn contacts back off ... Okay, it's all the same ... still a hot horn relay ... Any suggestions ? ... Kevin (kmg1969ss)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 09, 09:25 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Horn relay problem was solved ... See '69 horn questions for the resolution to this proposed question ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode