RS headlamp motors - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 06, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

RS headlamp motors

retro-electro aftermarket 67 RS headlamp motors.
Ordered these a week ago, just picked them up from customs. These are some serious heavy duty motors, I as an electrician was impressed by the industrial quality!

Had to recommend these to everyone replacing their headlamp motors so this is FYI, not an ad. Or basically it is, but anyways

BTW. If you have original RS wiring pictures from the motors/limitswitches/relayboard/connectors/wiring please let me know, and also email them to JimM ("What it is, where it is" sticky thread)

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS
Orig: PG + 327/275 + 12-bolt.
Now: SBC409 TKO600

Last edited by rodek; Feb 9th, 06 at 02:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 06, 04:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: RS headlamp motors

Rodek, looking for pics of 67 rs headlight stuff for the "What it is, whare it is sticky." Pics of the original stuff would be nice, and I'd love to put up a full blown how to on installing the retro-electric kit. Send stuff by email, easier.
Please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 06, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

JimM I'm sorry for posting in your thread. There was already a RS wiring diamgram reply in the original picture thread (Thanks for the sender smokin 67 rs BTW!) I think I will remove my post from the sticky thread.

I am looking for pictures from all the original connectors/relays/wiring. This is all missing from my original RS car. I just got the retro motors and will be getting the relays/stuff later when installing. JimM if you have pictures from RS wiring please email them to me. I will look at all my pictures and will send you my couple (atleast mostly original) wiring pictures.

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS

Last edited by rodek; Feb 9th, 06 at 02:17 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 06, 01:02 PM
Tech Team

I just received the Retro-Electro motors for my 67. I have a question about the installation. The insructions say to use a hammer to bend the headlight housing to allow clearance for the motor. I really do not want to bend them as they are already painted. Does the Motor have to be centered perfectly in the mounting hole? If I mount it a little off center I will not have to bend the housing. Will this work or will it cause binding when the doors open and close?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 06, 04:06 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

They do not have to be perfectly centered, just mount them as close as possible and everything should be fine. However, if not centered you may need to open up the motor shaft hole on the headlight assembly to allow the new motors thrust bearing to fit. I found that the factory tolerances for the headlamp assembly was so loose that some headlight buckets need slight “massaging” while other headlight buckets have plenty of clearance. As a result, it should not make any difference considering the loose tolerances of the original grille door fit.
Mark
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 06, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

KZOO,
I was able to move the motor mounting plate a little so I didn't have to massage my housing more than only a small amount. Just opened the screws that hold the mounting plate to the lamp housing.

Actually if I had left the motoraxle uncentered, I could have left the housing alone. Just wanted the shaft to be centered.

Pictures of the original wiring/relays/motors still wanted. Please post them here if you have them. Thanks!

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode