Correct Dash Bulbs in 69 - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 06, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Correct Dash Bulbs in 69

Every reference I've found shows the only bulbs used in the dash of a 69 Camaro are 168 or 194 wedge type but, the one in my AC/heater control is a 1895. According to the reference, the only other place that uses the 1895 is the glove box. Has anyone confirmed that the other bulbs are in fact wedge bulbs? Thanks, Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 06, 11:08 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Correct Dash Bulbs in 69

Joe, on my 67 the only wedge type bulbs are in the dash cluster. The heater control and glove box has a regular bayonet type bulb. The 1895 bulb is a regular bulb and not a wedge bulb. They might of mixed the two in the 69 dash cluster for the turn signals. The only way to know for sure is to pull your dash cluster panel and check.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!

Last edited by Camaro Dave; Feb 21st, 06 at 11:47 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 06, 11:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

fyi, if you want to actually see your guages at night, there is also a 197 wedge bulb, 7 watts instead of 4, really brightens things up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 06, 03:30 AM
Guess

Jim,
Do you think using a higher wattage bulb might make the surrounding plastic bezels too hot, and possibly melt\deform them? I realize the idiot lights are only on momentarily, but the dash lighting would be on for long periods while the headlights are are on.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 06, 05:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I only used the 197's in the 4 bulbs that light the guages on the 68, used 194's on the idiot lights and blickers. They've been in there over a year with no problems at all. At least on 67-68, that's all metal in there, no plastic to be found.

With the speced 194 bulbs, I could barely see the speedo needle at night with the brighness on full. With the 197's I can see it fine, and not turned full bright.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 06, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I wonder why no one shows the 1895s in any of the application charts? Even the Camaro catalogs I've looked at don't show it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 06, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Can't find a 197 bulb...are you sure you wrote the right number? A 168 is brighter than a 194. Did you mean 168?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 06, 11:11 AM
Senior Tech

I've looked in two different catalogs and they both have different numbers in the application chart. Classic Industries shows the 1895 number bulb for both the clock and glove box light. The other catalog shows 1891 bulb for the same application. Probably they are the same style bulb with different wattage.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode