High position blows like low - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 06, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

High position blows like low

I tried posting this in the heating & cooling section but I guess its really an electrical problem:
When I put my a/c switch on "high, it blows "low." Top position is "off" second position is "low" third position is "medium." When I put it in "high" the blower slows down to like the low position. I have replaced the switch on the a/c panel & got the same results. I replaced the "high blower" relay on top of the a/c "suitcase" & it did not fix the problem. I have a spare "resister" that also goes on top of the a/c box. I changed it & I still have the same problem.
I have checked my wires over & over according to the services manuals. They all SEEM TO BE in order. It is an all original EARLY built 1967 a/c unit. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions???? I do have a replacement a/c wire harness I have installed. I am starting wonder if they crossed a couple of wires while making it or something? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 06, 06:10 PM
Senior Tech

Re: High position blows like low

Does it behave the same way when set to "vent"? Not sure if it's the same, but on a '69, the "high" position sends 12 volts to the fan by closing the relay. If your relay is not getting 12 volts when the fan switch is set to "high", you need to start tracing the wiring back towards the switch.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 06, 03:29 PM
Team Member

On '69's high speed is powered through a seperate wire with an in-line fuse. Do you have this? and is the fuse good?

TTFN
Mat

SSCARGO

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 06, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You a million times over Mat. The fuse was new when I put in the new wire harness. I took it out & gave it a look on your suggestion. It looked good but, I've had fuses fake me out before that looked good. I replaced it, just in case. The fan now goes into high & blows like it should. Thanks soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!! I was like REALLY getting to my wit's end. This Camaro site is killer!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode