Power Window Motor Connectors - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 06, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Power Window Motor Connectors

Does anyone know where I can get the round hard plastic replacement plug connectors for the '67 power window motors? Two of mine are so brittle they crumbled in my fingers when trying to plug the harness back in. The rest of the harness is in very good condition.

Thanks,

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 06, 02:46 PM
Senior Tech
Charles

Re: Power Window Motor Connectors

can you post a pic of the needed connector? or email it to me?

i replaced my 69 harness with all new and i still have the original but butchered up harness. the connectors may or may not be correct for 67.

if they will work i'll butcher mine up a little more for you.

BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
1969 SS X55 NOR added RS all NOS sheetmetal, ground up resto. 24 year project and dream. optioned out the wazoo. in one thousand pieces, and coming together finally.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 06, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Run269,

Thank you for the offer. I am out of town, but will try to get you a picture late tomorrow or Wednesday. Mine are green in color, are round and have two female spade sockets oriented in a T fashion.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 06, 09:06 AM
Senior Tech
Charles

ok john,

i'll look at my harness and see if mine fit your description.

BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
1969 SS X55 NOR added RS all NOS sheetmetal, ground up resto. 24 year project and dream. optioned out the wazoo. in one thousand pieces, and coming together finally.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 06, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Run269,

Sorry I didn't get this posted sooner, but I'm still interested. Here is a pic of the connector I'm looking for:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e1...PwrWinConn.jpg

John

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 06, 08:30 PM
Senior Tech
Charles

mine are white and look different. i'll see if i can get a pic up tomorrow for you. they might interchange. biggest difference i see right off is mine have 2 ears with locking tabs on them. maybe yours are broken off.

BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 06, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

I think you've got the later style. Mine have to slide into a round receiver and there is a clip broken off, but it does not sound like yours. A picture will tell for sure.

Thanks,

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 06, 03:01 PM
Senior Tech
Charles

here's what i have,

BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 06, 08:41 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Bit off subject...Could someone put up a pic of where the wires go from the pillar into the door for a '69 please. I assume all 1st gen would be similar.
Installing centeral locking with a new alarm.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

I think those would work, but mine have a single locking tab on the side pointing toward the knuckle of your index finger. I hate to have you cut it for me without knowing for sure. Let me continue doing some checking.

Steptoe: There should be a dimple on the door jam and hinge post indicating the hole center. The factory boots use a much larger hole on the hinge post. I don't know the exact size, but if you buy the repro boots you can figure it out.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 06:43 PM
Senior Tech
Charles

hammered,

you might contact someone at www.americanautowire.com

they make all of the repro harnesses and might be able to hook you up. i bought a new 69 fuse box from them, and used their harnesses to redo all my power windows. you may have to sweet talk them or be persistant because of course they would rather sell you the entire harness.

BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 08:29 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Hammered...Cool thanks..I know what im looking for now...rest will be history Nps.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode