Trouble starting 91 RS - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 06, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Trouble starting 91 RS

I have a 91 RS 305. I was driving and made a right hand turn and it just shut off. I noticed the fuel pump wasn't pumping so i replaced it. Still no good. So i straight wired it just to make sure it ran. It did. So i replaced the relay but still no go. The car turns over but does not start and the fuel pump does not run. I thought maybe it might be a fuse but i didn't see any blown fuses in the fuse box. Does anybody have any suggestions to what i should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 06, 12:32 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Trouble starting 91 RS

When you turn the key to the on position, do you hear the fuel pump prime the engine at all? Is it an intermittent problem and the pump works some of the time? That will rule out the fuse or any wiring shorting out. Check for a loose connection around the tank area. Also, there is a connector just before the tank. Make sure it is tight.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 06, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

No the pump does not work at all when i turn the key. And i checked all the connections they all seem to be connected well. But i do know that the pump is good because i straight wired it to make sure it wasn't faulty pump.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 06, 08:23 PM

The fuel pump fuse is not located in the fuse block at all. It is on a separate circuit and the fuse for the pump is located upside down on the inner fender well on the passenger side near the front of the car under a water tight rubber cover. If you need a pic, I'll send you one.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 06, 10:49 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwayneH
The fuel pump fuse is not located in the fuse block at all. It is on a separate circuit and the fuse for the pump is located upside down on the inner fender well on the passenger side near the front of the car under a water tight rubber cover. If you need a pic, I'll send you one.
On what year did they relocate the fuel pump fuse from the under the dash fuse block? My 86 has the fuel pump fuse in the under dash box. I pull it out to bleed off the pressure in the lines when working on the system.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 06, 07:00 PM

Not quite sure when it was placed under the hood but my Haynes Repair manual showed me the location and there it was. I send a pic to you guys.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 06, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks so much guys, all the problem was was a blown fuse. Thanks for helpin me locate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode