Clock problems in Tic Toc Tac - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 06, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Dean

Clock problems in Tic Toc Tac

Anyone able to fix or troubleshoot the clock in an original tic toc tac setup? Mine has not been working for some time. When I try to adjust to current time , it ticks for 10-15 seconds and stops. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 06, 08:58 PM

Re: Clock problems in Tic Toc Tac

I was having the same problem with mine. The guy I bought the car from said it hadn't worked for at least 10 years. But after reading somewhere on this site i was able to fix it and it is working great. I have a 67 with the gauges on the console but i would assume that it would work with yours also. I took the backing off the clock and removed it from the outer metal casing. I then soaked it heavily with WD-40. I kept soaking it for 2 days. I then took my cordless drill and attached it to the pin that comes thru the front that is used to set the time. I spun it slowly for about 3 or 4 minutes. I then hooked the clock up to a car battery and let it run for a couple days. Each day i would soak it with wd40 a couple times. I put it back together and it has been running great for about a couple months now. Good luck, I hope this works for you also.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 06, 10:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Lane

I would find an automotive clock repair and have him look at it. My console 67 had same problem..worn jewel bearings as I recall. The clocks have a winder motor energized by a set of contacts to the 12VDC. They run until they need (automatic)wound again. IF they dont run its likely friction due to wear and debris as posted above. They are fragile- I elected to search out a local repair shop so I didnt dork it up myself.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 06, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Dean

Thanks Don. We share good company in models!
Dean
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 06, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Dean

Thanks Tech Team for knowledge. Do you know if need to pull the steering wheel to get to all the good stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode