MSD Ready to run - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 06, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Keith

Question MSD Ready to run

Can anyone tell me what springs and bushing would be recomended for a stock 350 300HP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 06, 06:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: MSD Ready to run

nope, it really depends on where you and your engine want the initial timing to be. You want your total to be between 32 and 36... If you run 18 initial like I do, then you want the black bushing for a total of 36. If you run your initial at a more conservative 12, then you want the bushing that gives you 24 degrees.

Start with the spring combo that gives full advanced (with whichever bushing you chose to use) at about 3500 rpm for street use on pump gas.

The charts on the msd instructions are pretty accurate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 06, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Keith

Thanks for the info.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 5th, 06, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Keith

Do I need to have a full 12 volts to the distributor or can I use the factory wiring? A friend says he uses the original wireing on his Z with his. But he had a petronix unit in the original distributor before the MSD and it would not last.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 5th, 06, 06:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

for the msd 8360, you need a full 12 volts, you have to cut the original resister wire out and replace it with a full 12 gauge stranded wire.

It's ok to cut it 3-6 inches from the firewall and splice it, better to remove the terminal from the bulkhead connector and solder the new wire to the terminal, but be sure to make a good splice (soldered preferably) and insulate it well (heat shrink tubing)

Depending on the condition of your engine harness, might not be a bad idea to pick up a roll of no-stick harness tape, and pull the whole thing out, clean it, do the ignition and any other ify wires (starter wires are always hacked up) then retape it and restring it.

I did mine that way, looks and works like new. Engine harness is a good place to start, it's short and not much on it.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode