funky light switch? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 4th, 06, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

funky light switch?

I have a 67 rs that i just recently took out of storage for the summer now that it is nice out. When i took the car out i checked all the lights to see if they worked which they all did. Well last monday i was leaving a friends house and it was dark out. I turned the lights on and now my headlights and front parking lights work fine but my gauge lights and taillights do not work at all. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. Does this sound like a bad light switch? I have taken the switch out and taken it apart and tried to clean the contacts but that didn't work. The switch i believe is the original and seems pretty worn. I have ordered a new light switch and am waiting for the part now but i am open to all suggestions. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 4th, 06, 06:53 PM
Senior Tech
Steven

Re: funky light switch?

Even if the fuse appears to be intact, if the clips have corrosion on them, it can still affect the lights... Pull the fuse and use a fine sandpaper to clean the clips .... That may resolve the problem
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 5th, 06, 12:02 AM
Senior Tech

Check the tail light connector underneath the dash at the place where it plugs into the harness. Wiggle it around.....it might just be loose.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 5th, 06, 02:01 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to undee72Z

Headlight switch powers taillight fuse which powers the dash fuse. Check both sides of the taillight fuse first with a test light or meter. If you have power on one side and not the other, its the fuse. If you don't have power on either side, its the headlight switch.

Greg U

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode