Headlight switch, which position? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 06, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brad

Headlight switch, which position?

Well I finally got my interior/ console gauge lights to dim. It seems to be a ground game at this point, but it will only do it with the headlight switch in first position. Is this correct?
Another problem is I ground my temp gauge sending unit wire and it will only jump to H when the interior dimmer knob is maxed out??? I know it must be a ground. Just thought I'd ask anyway.

Most recent 01/01/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 06, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brad

Re: Headlight switch, which position?

anyone??

Most recent 01/01/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 06, 12:24 AM
Senior Tech

Your switch might be bad. Try a new one and see if that helps. If not, then you are only out $14.00.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 06, 08:43 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Send a message via Yahoo to go2fast

Definitely not right. It sounds like your gauges are getting powered through the dimmer. Also, the dimmer should work in the park and headlight positions the same.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 06, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brad

I've got it to dimm correctly but it will only do it in the parking light position. I cant turn on the dash lights unless the switch is in the parking light or headlight position is this correct?

Most recent 01/01/10

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 06, 11:43 PM
Senior Tech

It should work in both positions. I would try a new switch.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode