My car is driving me nuts!!!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 06, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage
My car is driving me nuts!!!!!

I take 3 steps forward 5 back....I installed an MSD 6AL and blaster coil and billitt distributer a while back, before interior installation...anyway I get the interior in and start the car, first time in a couple of months, and now the only way to shut it off is to pull the positive battery cable off...talk about going nuts!

Any hints on where to look?

Thanks

Steve
The best laid plans are those not made (mine)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 06, 04:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: My car is driving me nuts!!!!!

msd.com

The msd box is backfeeding due to it's direct connection to the battery. They sell a diode to fix it.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 06, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage

I went and posted on MSD and I am sure I know what I did wrong, the small red wire fell off of my fuse block and I must have put it back on a tab that has 12v constant. This wire is only suppost to have power during cranking and run position. I will move it back over and hopefully solve my problem.

I was going to delete the thread but hey someone might learn something from my stupidity!

Steve

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 06, 04:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

>>>I was going to delete the thread but hey someone might learn something from my stupidity! <<<
Steve,
Its not stupidity...its troubleshooting !

Kev
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 17th, 06, 10:28 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

At my age, we call it wisdom.

Daddy's Hot Rod.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 06, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage

Well got that problem fixed only to run into another. I installed ALL new wiring, right down to the dome light wiring. My next problem to solve is why none of my console gages are working.

Like I said this car hates me and is fighting every minute not to go back together!

Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode