How to obtain a wiring diagram for 68 Camaro (coupe) - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 06, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

How to obtain a wiring diagram for 68 Camaro (coupe)

I've gone through the internet and haven't found a decent wiring diagram to install my Painless complete wiring harness, the manual it came with will only do so much, wondering if anyone knew any good websites or pointers, thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 06, 05:06 PM

Re: How to obtain a wiring diagram for 68 Camaro (coupe)

Both Ricks and First Gen have decent diagrams available.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 06, 05:09 PM

I installed the Painless in my '68 a while back and now that I have the car back from paint am doing some of the final connections (interior lights, alarm, etc.) so let me know if you have specific questions. I agree that the Painless manual isn't always helpful - seems too generic. I know I had some issues with the ignition switch initially.

On the plus side, their tech support has been helpful and the harness itself seems like good quality - I like that each wire is labeled!

One thing I don't get is the power window/lock wires. I was going to use them but they seem like just power wires - where do the wires to the switches go to/come from? I'll probably just use the harness from the electric life switch kit.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 06, 08:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Member 69er has posted some pdf diagrams he made. They are for a 69, but very close to 68. Even tho the 69 dash is different, it uses all the same signals and wires, tho different connectors. They are slick because it is done circuit by circuit, very easy to follow and understand rather than the rats nest in the assembly manual.

Do a search for "color wiring diagram" you should find em

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 06, 08:24 PM
Senior Tech
geneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias_funke
I've gone through the internet and haven't found a decent wiring diagram to install my Painless complete wiring harness, the manual it came with will only do so much, wondering if anyone knew any good websites or pointers, thanx
I just finished a Painless kit for a 67 convert.... what trouble are you having?? Same kit for 67 or 68 unless you have a universal kit?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 06, 08:46 AM
Senior Tech
GM

Try this link for wiring diagram.
http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/

72 Nova 454 LS7 ATI Turbo 400 Moser WaveTrac rear
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 06, 02:04 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

In the back of my Chilton Manual there are some... let me know what you need and I might be able to scan if its in there.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode