having problems need some help - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 06, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

having problems need some help

ok i dunno if this is the right forum for this question but im new here.
i own a 1982 z28 camaro and my flasher just went out (the thing that makes the left and right turn signal flash.)

the lights just stay on when i go to turn. but when i turn on my emergency lights they blink perfectly fine. dos anyone kno whats wrong? and if it is the flasher that needs 2 be replaced, where is it? ive looked everywhere. the only place i havent looked in behind the dashboard. would it be in there?

thanx 2 anyone who can help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 06, 06:19 PM
Team Member
MaryBeth

Re: having problems need some help

Check your lightbulbs? Don't know if it holds true for cars this old, but if it happens in my 02 then there are light bulbs burned out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MaryBeth's 67 moneypit
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 06, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

see thats the thing. all the lights work. when im driving at night. all the nights work perfectly fine. they just wont flash

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 06, 09:49 PM
Senior Tech

Do the bright filaments illuminate at both ends when you turn the turn signal for that direction turn? Some even had marker lights that flash. The signal filament and the park light filament are seperate. In the back of the owners manual there should be a page under 'specications' or 'fuses and breakers' that will tell you where the flasher...light flasher...is located.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 06, 10:48 PM
Senior Tech

Replace your flasher under the dash. Your hazard lights use a seperate flasher located at the fuse box, so the 4-ways will work even when the turn signal flasher fails.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 06, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

all the lights work perfectly fine. like the little green arrows turn on 2 but those aswell dont flash. thank u all for ur help, so is the flasher under the dashboard or behind it?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 06, 01:46 PM
Senior Tech
Frank

Send a message via MSN to jet_car2000

there should be one flasher in the fuse box which is for the four ways and the other should be clipped under the dash on the drivers side,,just remove the plastic panel under the bottom and you should find it,, Frank
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 06, 11:00 AM
Senior Tech

Usually on the 3rd gen Camaros, the flasher is just stuffed up in the dash around the steering column area. You might have to just feel around that area until you find it.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 06, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

ok i will check under the dash. im a n00b big time hahaha. i suck at working on cars thanx for all the help. ill post back with the update
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 06, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Ok so I still can't find it lol. Can anyone like in detail tell me where the heck the flasher is on an 82 z28 camaro. I'm stumped haha. Its not the fuse. its the acctual flasher. The thingy that makes them flash. Its not in the fuse box. There is no way of accessing like anything besides the fuse box without taking out my dash. Soooo is the flasher in my dash? I don't wana take it out and it not be in there.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 06, 12:29 AM
Senior Tech

you could go buy a manual from a local part store, it should have pictures to show were the flasher it

but from the sounds of it the flasher is above the lowest panel in your dash
the panel is below the steering column, right around where your knees are
my guess is that its about 10" deep and 24 inches wide probably 4 or so screws/bolts holding it on and a few clips

good luck
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 06, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Ok cool man. Thanx ill try that 2night or hopefully 2morroe
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 06, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Ok so I found the flasher finally hahahaha. Thank u 2 everyone who contributeed to this glorious day! Lol thanks again everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode