tic toc tac - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 06, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Talking tic toc tac

i installed auto meter gauges in my console- do i need a console gauge conversion harness like the one in the ricks catalogue page 199 item 6805 to get my tac and clock to work????????????? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 04:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: tic toc tac

it depends... you can go at it a number of ways, the conversion harness is probably easiest tho the most expensive.

When I did mine, I modified the existing pcb and dash harness. The tach signal wire was a separate peice even from the factory. I used the old fuel guage wire to route 12v bat into the dash for the clock.

Most of the info is here for the searching.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

do you know where i can get a wireing diagram-i think they should include a diagram with the unit when purchased but they do not

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Talking Re: tic toc tac

do you know where i can get a wireing diagram?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 05:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

The wiring diagram is including with the guage conversion harness, along with instructions. I do have all the info here, but I'm off to the parade ina moment, then to a party, then leave for billings tomorrow crack of dawn. Make sure you're email is public, I'll try to send you what I have today.

Do you have the tach style pbc for the cluster?

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

i am new at th is so i know enough to be dangerous. the tac is oer that replaced th gas gauge when i installed the console gauges. not sure what the pbc stile is????? the connector in back of dash gauges is original and has not been replaced. i did cut the tan lead to use for gas gauge in console. i did replace circuit board in back of gauges. my e-mail is [email protected]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

my email is [email protected]
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

hello
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 09:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

your best bet then is to get the console guage conversion harness. All the repro houses sell it and it comes with instructions. Assuming your autometer set includes a voltmeter rather than the stock type ammeter, and also assuming you've got an electric oil pressure guage, you'll need to make a change or 2, but it's no big deal.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode