under dash courtesy lights location - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 06, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

under dash courtesy lights location

I searched but couldnt find the actual location for the under dash courtesy light fixtures. Where exactly do they mount under the dash. The car Im building has been built from the sub up and didnt have them prior, the new AAW classic update harness included the two grey housings and they look like there set up on an angle to possibly illuminate through a hole. I just dont know where to screw them in. Any pics of the left and right location would be appreciated, thanks for the help- Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 06, 05:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: under dash courtesy lights location

you need 2 of these, part # IN-98 from Rick's if the link doesn't work. http://www.rickscamaros.com/cgi-loca...31a+1153051943
The brackets screw into predrilled holes in the lower corners of the dash, and the lamp sockets pop into the holes in the brackets.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vert courtesy light bracket.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1143  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 06, 10:23 AM
Senior Tech
Chad

Was this an option or only included on camaros with certain option combinations?

TCI Engineering equiped pro touring 1968 Camaro

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 06, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Jim,
The brackets you speak of already come in the AAW classic update series harness kit. The only difference is that they are made out of plastic, so I have them with the light sockets already to mount . You mentioned the mounting holes are on the lower corners of the dash, all the way at the ends, any posibility you may be able to post a pic of the one at the drivers side? Thanks

I believe courtesy lights were an option but not totally sure.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 06, 12:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Can't get a pic right now, sorry.

The mounting hole is in the face of the dash, right near the lower edge, between the ebrake handle and the recessed lip where the guage cluster mounts. The only other hole under there is larger and further forward. A pan head screw goes thgrough the hole and threads into the bracket.

I'm looking at a 68, but 67 should be the same, 69 too I think.

All convertibles had these lights.
I don't know if they were ever optional on coupes.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode