Painless Wiring Question & Opinions - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dano

Painless Wiring Question & Opinions

I won a gift certificate for 65% off any Painless wiring product... I have a brand new chassis kit installed from last year. Anybody have any wisdom/guidance on a good kit to buy for a 69camaro w/column shift? I looked in their catalog and they have kits for 67 and 68, but doesn't mention 69 anywhere... I was contemplating the dash group and fuse box, but am so far undecided. Any help/testimony would be great!
Thanks-DanB

If you can't see the bright side of life, try polishing the dull side...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 07:47 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage
Cool Re: Painless Wiring Question & Opinions

Hi MrDanB.
Where did you score a 65% off Coupon for Painless Wiring??
I've been reading TC threads on them and am getting ready to re-wire everything in my '68.

- Tony
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 06, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dano

Re: Painless Wiring Question & Opinions

It was donated by Painless to our local car show here in Washington...We raffled it off and I won. I will call them later today and see what they say about the 69 Camaros...
Dano

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 06, 10:49 AM
Senior Tech
Chad

They are a lot more work than other kits out there. The previous owner of my car redid every single wire on the car with a painless kit and everything sure looks nice and works good, however it was a lot of work.

TCI Engineering equiped pro touring 1968 Camaro
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 06, 02:35 PM
Senior Tech

I don't have first hand experience, but I do have lots of lurk time in this forum and second hand experience through others. Painless kits are somewhat generic. So you'll have to do a little stare-and-compare between the Painless schematics and the OEM schematics to match it all up. Also painless kits often exclude common connectors that must be robbed from the OEM harness. For these reasons, folks often opt for one of the other suppliers like Factory Fit or American Autowire kits.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 06, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dano

Thanks for the replies...I think I will just upgrade the battery cables for now and do more research before jumping headlong into a wiring mess
Dano

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 06, 07:34 AM

I used a Painless harness on my '68 and thought it was nice. The only connectors I had to scavenge from my old harness were the front parking light bulb sockets. There were some questions about the ignition switch since their install guide is generic, but their tech support answered them promptly. I did have somewhat of a custom install with new tail lamps and headlights, so it may be on a stock install that you need to scavenge some more parts. I have heard good things about the AAW products but have not used them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 07, 09:00 PM

Rewired my '67 with the Painless kit! I absolutely without a doubt hate wiring! I mean I really HATE wiring but, the kit made it totally brainless! Its true about scavaging the plastic molding connectors for like the turn signal switch,ignition switch,turn signals and maybe a few others depending on your specific kit.But what the hay!...65% off, Can't beat that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode