Horn blows when I turn left! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 06, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
rdl

Horn blows when I turn left!

In reference to 69 Camaro, my horn blows fine from the horn button on the steering wheel, but also blows when I BEGIN to turn the steering wheel to the LEFT. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 06, 11:08 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Re: Horn blows when I turn left!

Remove the steering wheel center...u will see the wires from the buttons to the center..these go into a hole and at the other end is a little copper contact that runs on the horn contact under the steering wheel
Around the wires where they go into the hole there should be a spring and a plastic grommet above the sping that holds it in the hole and gives tension to the spring.
If the spring and/or grommet is broken, missing or the wire insulation broken, it causes a contact with the steering wheel, and the horn goes off

If this is the case, and the spring/grommett are not there..u can use a spring out of a ball piont pen, and for the gromett a small section of PVC 5mm garden irrigation pipe

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 06, 07:37 AM
Team Member
Jerry R.

... and I suggest not entering the car in any circle track races , as the constant horn will distract other drivers.

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 06, 09:32 AM
Senior Tech
Berry

thats a nice feature was it factory installed???
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 06, 09:53 AM
Team Member
Christropher

That's the left turn warning indicator, often confused with the speed warning indicator. I don't remember the RPO, sorry.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 06, 09:43 PM
Senior Tech

Thumbs up Re: Horn blows when I turn left!

Funniest Post title in a while. I think I need some Vodka!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 06, 08:00 PM
Senior Tech
Gary

I believe that was the rare NASCAR option.

69 Camaro convertible 327, TH 350, fully restored, well almost.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 06, 09:03 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

That why the chevies sound diff to the rest of the cars....I noticed that watching them at indy this morning lol

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 06, 10:45 PM

LOL I didn't want to be the only one to find this funny, but I see there's others so I'll say it LOL
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 06, 07:33 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

It is funny. And my luck is that it would happen just when I was following a bunch of Hell's Angels!!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 06, 08:52 AM
Senior Tech
Berry

Hahaha now thats funny!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 06, 11:13 AM
Team Member
Christropher

I'm glad this original poster got a decent answer to his question before we started the jokes Seriously though, RDL, let us know if it's still not working.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode