Battery recommendation needed....... - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 06, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Battery recommendation needed.......

I need a new battery for the '69. I have noticed the last few times I have started the engine it has been slow to crank or I needed to put the charger on it for a short time. Tonight it cranked slow but started. After it had warmed up I needed to go back in the house and when I returned it wouldn't start. I put the charger on it and noticed the needle went all the way over like it was charging a totally dead battery.

The battery is over 4 years old so I am assuming it is time for a new one. What would be a good battery to get? I like the adds for the Optima batteries and the fact that I think they are a sealed battery. Since I don't start this very often I think I would need a strong battery and one that will hold charge for long periods of time with out being charged when the engine is running.

What are some ideas for a battery????
Thanks!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 06, 07:41 PM
Tech Team
E.J.

Re: Battery recommendation needed.......

I have an optima and hate it. It still leaks.

buy the odyssey it will Not leak, and is the onyl battery you can ship ups.

The absorbed glass mat (AGM) valve regulated design of the ODYSSEY battery means there is no acid to spill out and cause acid burns or damage to expensive paint and chrome. Because of the starved electrolyte design the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) has classified the ODYSSEY battery as a dry battery. Shipping an ODYSSEY battery by express ground or air is possible.

Unlike conventional batteries that require a recharge every 6 to 12 weeks, the ODYSSEY™ battery can stored for up to 2 years at 25ºC (77ºF) from a fully charged state. These batteries can be stored for 2 years or when the open circuit voltage (OCV) drops to 12.00V, whichever comes first.

http://www.odysseyfactory.com/why.htm

I have one in my truck in FL. most batteries here last 2 years, I will get over 7 out of it.

This is not an add, but real life. I can send you pictures of my tray in my 68 convert with crap everywhere from the red optima. My trucK is clean.

For a nice classic car this is the one.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 06, 07:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage
Re: Battery recommendation needed.......

I have three Optimas, 68 Camaro, 85 IROC, and a boat, all started fairly rarely. They can sit a couple of months without any charge and the only discharge is the clock on the cars. about five years no problems or leaks and the first was shipped UPS, but now you can buy them at most Walmarts or Interstate battery stores.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode