67 RS Wiper Wiring (Again) - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 06, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

67 RS Wiper Wiring (Again)

I have read the posts of the wiring of the wiper motor and seem to have a fw questions still...

I have 4 wires coming from my Painless Harness to the wiper motor:

Black
Light Blue
Yellow
Yellow (Just a jumper from the other yellow wire)

There are four connections on the wiper motor (from the passenger side):

two single connections followed by a double lugged connection

The posts reference the wire order from the passenger side as follows:

Black
Light Blue
Black/Yellow

Here are my concerns:

1. I don't have a Black/Yellow wire
2. I have two solid yellow wires (jumnpered together)
3. I assume that the Yellow Jumpered wires would not go on the double lugged tab as that would seem pointless.
4. Where the hell is my Washer fluid pump? The pics I've seen seem to be a combo wiper motor/washer fluid pump
5. Also, the 4 wires were on two double connectors (one black, the other brown) that would not match up with the wiper motor connections (it would fit the double lugged connection only).

Thanks.

Last edited by StompS; Oct 15th, 06 at 08:48 PM. Reason: added another concern
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 06, 08:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

Re: 67 RS Wiper Wiring (Again)

Treat the YEL wires from the painless harness as the factory BLK/YEL wires. To confirm this, there should be 12 volts at the YEL wire when the igintion is on. There should also be a DRK BLU wire on the harness, for the pump operation.

To make it easier, let's number the terminals on the motor, from passenger side to driver side, 1, 2, 3. On this motor, ignore the last terminal (driver's side) since it's already a double lug connection. Let's also ignore the plastic harness connectors for the moment and concentrate on the terminals themselves. The BLK wire connects to #1. LT BLU to #2. YEL to #3. The painless connectors should allow the terminals to be connected only one way as described above.

For the pump, the DK BLU wire, if you can find it, and the other YEL wire connects on the those two terminals. If you don't have a pump, just ignore those wires.

It sounds like you have a late model wiper motor. Is there a plastic cap beneath the terminals? If there is, then the cap has to be removed and the wiper pump cam installed on the protruding shaft.

Hope this makes sense!

Larry
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 06, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Re: 67 RS Wiper Wiring (Again)

Larry,

Thanks for the response! I think you've got it! I'll try to get a fuse to check it tomorrow. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode